NI/Ute Health Problems Health

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by Jo_W, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    With all the talk of these dogs being human oriented and suffer from seperation anxiety, just imagine how the poor souls must feel.

I did notice elsewhere that proven facts from owners giving permission for their details to be used have surfaced, showing epilepsy within the breed and from a kennel we all know!:roll:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    it makes for a very isolated life for these dogs... self same dogs that they state on there site....dont do well being left ALONE!!! I cant fathom those people out....they say... one thing... and openly do another.. its like they take everyones intelligence as inferior there stupidity
  4. Lucky Star

Lucky Star Member

What happened to the dog? Did he die from epilepsy? :-(

One thing I would say is that those responsible for all this had better make sure that their own houses are in order and that they are whiter than white - otherwise who will take them seriously after things have calmed down and people turn their questions towards them?
  5. Moonstone

Moonstone New Member

Name:
    S
    Well, I can only talk from my experience with Mack, and he is very nosey, has to be involved, in a good way, but I know if he was in one of those kennels it would destroy him:evil: To not be able to see out, would drive him nuts. I really don't understand why you would do that TBH, but especially to these types of dogs.

I think it is great that people are coming forward with any health problems, and that most of the different socities are talking openly together, and owning up to past mistakes.
  6. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    The dog had a fit then came out of it a bit, then went into another and they couldnt save it. The dog was healthy and had no other problems, the other dogs were fine, no evidence of poisoning etc..
  7. lovezois

lovezois Fondly remembered

Name:
    Eunice

About time it did Dawn . I really feel for anyone who has a dog with epilepsy. Thank goodness they are coming forward at last and bringing things out into the open.

Very brave of them . Its about time people began to name and shame the person or persons responsible for breeding epilepsy and other health probs into these poor dogs, iNo matter how big their carpet (s) is/are it can't stay hidden under there forever.
  8. liz & kiesha

liz & kiesha New Member

Name:
    Liz
    When i got Kiesha she was approx 12 months old, she had been kept in a shed like structure & had a fear of outside or wide open spaces, it took a long time to get her back on track, it was so very heartbreaking. Its such a joy to see her running around now without a care in the world.
  9. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    dito.. well said

I hope the person responsible's time has came to an end
  10. Moonstone

Moonstone New Member

Name:
    S

That is so sad,poor girl . I'm glad Kiesha is now getting the love and attention she deserves:grin:
  11. liz & kiesha

liz & kiesha New Member

Name:
    Liz
    I like your signature "Punish the Deed Not the Breed"
  12. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Are you serious:?: :roll: You must think that keeping those dogs as she keeps them including the way they are fed, food tossed at them over the stable gate, if you get to the food quick enough you get fed if not hard luck is ok:?: Let me think how many dogs did she have approx a 19 mths ago .............. do you not remember the council going round or was it environmental health? So she carted off two pregnant bitches elsewhere to have their puppies as she had too many dogs for such a small space, (she had a further bitch no3 have pups at home during the same time period) none of the bitches had been hip scored at that time, all had a single litter then got rehomed, fact:!: How many times is poor Breeze going to be rehomed? How many dogs with epilepsy has she bred? It is all very well her coming out of the woodwork admitting it now,( some would say a little too late, ) after she was exposed weeks ago and tried to deny it:!: Infact, even her updated website only admits to epilepsy in one dog from a mating four years ago, even though it has been many weeks (well before her new website) since poor Hunter went to the vet and she lied about him being pts. How could anyone lie about something like that:twisted: If you think that this person is a model breeder then you are either lying to yourself and everyone else or you truly are not bothered about dogs, period.
  13. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    It would everyone is as bad as each other...
  14. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    WW

surely the main thing is that people are now saying there are problems,..... it can only be a good think if breeders are willing to put there hands up to there wrong doing?
  15. liz & kiesha

liz & kiesha New Member

Name:
    Liz

Absolutely totally agree with you Shona. This is supposed to be what everyone wants & its now starting to happen.
    Now that some have come forward we can only hope more will follow & get this whole mess sorted out, shame on you the one's who still stay silent, dont know how you sleep at night. :evil:
  16. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    Of course it is...but there will always be the ones who keep their blinkers on and conform...
  17. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Jk has had bitches out to whelp hasnt she? hasnt she also had visits from the Envoronmental health and council? Wasnt she also the one who claims Nadia was being treated and judged "unfairly" when she wrote in a thread on here?

You may think admitting things is late, and nobody is saying it isnt, but she HAS admitted it, more so than JK will ever do.
  18. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    Werewolf 2 wrongs dont make a right but how can anyone respect your opinion when so one sided you must have seen JKs animals and the conditions they live in, whats your honest view on their welfare?
  19. liz & kiesha

liz & kiesha New Member

Name:
    Liz

There must be some now who have viewed the pedigree's available online?
    I can understand from an owners point of view how gut wrenching it is to see the stuff thats come out in the last 24hrs. Nobody wants to hear they might have all sorts wrong with them. Earlier today i thought my head might explode & it led to some tears but i'd still rather know than not. I have made it known that to some extent i blame them all (the breeders) as Moonstone's sig says 'blame the deed, not the breed' Anybody who knows anything really does have to stand up now & admit what they know. I really cant get to grips with anyone having those pedigree's in their face & still thinking everything's going to be ok. I love my dog & you know what - i'd love another just like her but how could i ever trust buying one from anybody knowing what i know now?
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2008
  20. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    The thing that bugs me more than anything..is that a few of us (yes me included) have thought these things have been happening for a while..and we dared to voice and opinion.. we have been called names all over the place..called troublemakers etc etc..and only NOW is it coming to light that WE have been right with most of our assumptions and we aren't even in the breed...

SO yes..the people who are now "ignoring" it and hoping it will go away are living in "pie in the sky" land..

I really do think things are going to come to a head as it were..and things are going to have to changed.. slowly but surely people will realise..and the NIS will be left with its president and its committee but no members to speak to..
  21. Moonstone

Moonstone New Member

Name:
    S
    Just seen those pedigrees:shock: :evil:

One of them is just unbelievable! well they all are, but one in particular:-(