NI's in rescues General Chat

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by k9xxb, Aug 9, 2008.

1. shaza

shaza New Member

Name:
    Sharon
    Oh god - here we go again! :roll:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Krusewalker

Krusewalker

Name:
    kiwi
    NI - Non Identifiable?
  4. lotsforus

lotsforus New Member

Name:
    Kathryn
    Well I just had a look at that rescue site and if I win the lottery tonight I will be on my way to pick up Sherman whenI have bought my huge house. He looks a total babe.
  5. bilko1967

bilko1967 New Member

Name:
    bilko
    Oh and excuse me but how was this relevant :evil:
    sorry to reply Mods but I take great offense to this comment !!
  6. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    Krusewalker that is perfect LOL

OK...Ummmm.....

Yes..they are an INUIT TYPE....LURCHER TYPE...etc..

So to me anything half heartedly resembling a cross between gsd x mal x husky (or variants of the 3 are going to be inuit types as that is what made up the inuit type that we are talking about!)..
  7. ursula

ursula New Member

Do you mean that a true Northern Inuit is an inuit type dog like a border,tibetan, fox etc are terrier type dogs, I suppose maybe also like a husky and malamute are also inuit type?
  8. Muddiwarx

Muddiwarx Member

Name:
    Julie
    As the dreadful persone who used inuit type as a phrase what I meant by it was "dog of the look/type of the "Inuit" labelled dogs" a dog that someone who claimed to like "Inuit dogs" might like ......

I would not call Malamutes and Huskies Inuit type - I might describe them as husky type though.
  9. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    [Quote

I would not call Malamutes and Huskies Inuit type - I might describe them as husky type though.[/QUOTE]

Interesting, rightly or wrongly some people ask if our dogs are Huskies we have even been asked if they are Malamutes. Yes we can see the difference but it would seem some people who don't come across many such dogs obviously can't, some people don't even ask and make their minds up. We went for a day out to the lakes a couple of months ago and someone was telling his children the NIDs were Huskies.
  10. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    And a lot of people decide my dogs are wolves or werewolves or snowdogs,,,but thats the general public.. we are on a dog forum.. so to me my dog are husky type or sled dog type..
  11. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Ummmm, werewolves......I find that very hard to believe and people say that Mals look like wolves?? Interesting.
  12. Muddiwarx

Muddiwarx Member

Name:
    Julie
    Sadly I often get the wolf thing - and the werewolf at least twice (SPECSAVERS???????????) Joe Public doesn't know what a wolf is - any dog, vaguely grey looks like a wolf to an idiot!

I have a friend with an incredibly wolfy Malamute - actually two friends with very wolfy mutes - will try to get pics of them, but I don't generally think smiling dogs with white faces look like wolves at all :)
  13. Muddiwarx

Muddiwarx Member

Name:
    Julie
    That is not a surprise though surely as the breeds are in recent ancestry and in SOME (although not yours specifically) it is absolutely apparent.

I like it when people take an interest in our dogs whatever and I hope you gave a gold star to the person who said Malamute .... we more often hear Maramalite, Marmite, Malmutt lol lol :)
  14. Ripsnorterthe2nd

Ripsnorterthe2nd New Member

Name:
    Emma
    Naturally Impressive! :mrgreen: :lol:
  15. Insomnia

Insomnia New Member

Name:
    Melanie
    It would be lovely to see them! I think Malamutes have lovely sized/shaped ears, don't know why, just like them :blush:
  16. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    Hmmm natural?? man made
  17. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Would be great to see the pics xxxxx

LOL:grin: You know, it doesn't bother me at all, like you say people are interested and some ask :grin: some don't and assume and go away thinking what they like, it would be nice to tell them what the dogs are to broaden their horizons but sometimes it isn't possible.
  18. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    Why do you find that hard to beleive?? I am not a liar!

Yes people say Mals look like wolves BECAUSE in films they use mals/sibes to play wolves so yeah...:roll:
  19. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Awww, what a lovely comment xxxxxxx
  20. Dragan

Dragan New Member

Name:
    Dragan
    which dog breed isn't :roll:
  21. bilko1967

bilko1967 New Member