Epilepsy in NI's Controversial

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by Razcox, Jul 1, 2008.

1. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    Maybe if we all contact them we may get further, would happily submit Katos DNA :grin:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. sallyinlancs

sallyinlancs New Member

Name:
    n/a
    Good idea! Count me in!
  4. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    Long time no see Sal!! :lol:
  5. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    :) :) :)
  6. Tania

Tania New Member

Name:
    Tania
    I'd also be happy to do my 4 if it wouldn't cost too much. Only because I'm being made redundant otherwise I would pay.
  7. arctic.wolf

arctic.wolf

Name:
    Alison
    Does anyone know if the kennel club are doing anything with the DNA samples that they collect, or do they just store them in case of paternity disputes
  8. Wolfie

Wolfie New Member

Name:
    Corrie
    I have contacted VetGen about DNA testing and will quite happily submit Nushka's DNA for their research (she'll be DNA profiled too ) :)
  9. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    I'm still waiting for a reply . . . :(

Still if they are anything like Epson then it could take a few days to get back to anyone.
  10. Wolfie

Wolfie New Member

Name:
    Corrie
    I've also contacted the Animal Health Trust regarding the same thing. Lets see who gets back too me first ;-) :lol:
  11. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    Thats great Wolfie, thats you and me in but it does state that designer breeds can only be done if they have the x's used in the dna list of breeds, and none of ours is ! x
  12. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    Mals and GSD are part of the HD research though so you never know . .
  13. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    Have you submitted your details yet Raz ?
  14. exanthematcus

exanthematcus New Member

Name:
    halo
    i'll gladly submitt some of xero's saliva. how does DNA profiling work? (sorry if i sound dim lol:blush: ) i would get that done too
  15. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    I put my details into the contact us but nothing back yet . .
  16. Patch

Patch New Member

Name:
    Patch
    As stated in post 143 and on the VetGen site, it`s free :001:

The KC is`nt involved in the collection and use of the samples, the research being done by VetGen is working toward developing tests to identify Clears, Carriers and Affecteds relating to various hereditary health conditions in various breeds :001:

All the info is in the link on post 157 and on Lucky Stars posts, numbers 125 and 140 :001:
  17. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    good on ya Raz thats three of us now ! x
  18. Patch

Patch New Member

Name:
    Patch
    Don`t forget they invite contact regarding all sorts of breeds and conditions, it`s bound to take time for them to answer each and every email they must get daily from around the World ;-)

Any `waiting time` could of course be put to good use to mobilise a breed wide effort to get word out with the relevant info/contact details and to perhaps formulate a joint effort among many owners to see if VetGen would be willing to specifically list NIs and their alternatively named counterparts - don`t forget VetGen is in the US and the first NI was only exported there relatively recently so the Labs there can`t be expected to be familiar with them yet ;-)
  19. Pita

Pita New Member

Name:
    Jackie or Jay
    Three intelligent people that is great, lets hope more follow and that you have really set the ball rolling. There must be dozens who post on this forum so if everyone of them join you that will have made a good start to sorting your problem.

May I suggest each of you get one other to join, which will make 6 and then if that 6 get 6 more, you will soon have a reasonable number and be on the way to get a representative number.
  20. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Excellent start, well done to those that are making the effort. Can I ask how many more NI owners will take part?
  21. Kristina

Kristina New Member

Name:
    Kris
    I'd be happy to submit saliva from both of mine. x