What are these,anyone ? Photos

Discussion in 'Siberian Husky' started by inkliveeva, Jun 13, 2008.

1. Pita

Pita New Member

Name:
    Jackie or Jay
    Sorry, one thing they do not look like is a husky, except the eyes. But they are obviously a sib or collie cross else they would not have the blue eye.

Sorry missed the second page, are you saying they are siberian? How old are they, must be pups not seen one at all like them.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. mo

mo New Member

Name:
    Maureen Boyd
  4. Pita

Pita New Member

Name:
    Jackie or Jay
    Agree Mo the one without the long hair has enormous ears, but if they are only pups, look at the knee, then they may grow into them. ‘Tis difficult with just a forward shot but I would never have said a Siberian. Would not have said ni either as they seem much broader in the chest that any NI I have seen.
  5. Pita

Pita New Member

Name:
    Jackie or Jay
    Now they do look like Huskys, nice thick neat ear, wonder if like my own breed they look too large on the pup?
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2008
  6. mo

mo New Member

Name:
    Maureen Boyd
    I hope they are young and will eventually "grow into the ears", as this is quite a big survival issue, ears that big would cause the dog heat loss as they are not very welled furred, and have quite an area exposed to the elements that would be subject to frostbite etc, many of the huskie type of dog require small well furred ears.

Mo
  7. Pita

Pita New Member

Name:
    Jackie or Jay
    That is true Mo, too large and they would get frost bite, all artic dogs, wild and domesticated have small thick mobile ears I don't know about other breeds but my own have a sort of dip in the skull that the ear fits into when they are laid down.
  8. Meg

Meg Global Moderator

Name:
    Meg
    So the post is posted in the wrong section then ..
    Often when people post 'guess what dog it is' posts it is because their dog is a cross breed and they wish to know the breeds which went into it, or they have seen a dog and they are unsure what it is..

Rarely have I seen anyone post a guessing game about two dogs which are the same breed but look different :? is it to demonstrate there are dogs around which have little resemblance to the breed they are supposed to be :? ? I think we have all seen versions of our own breeds which show this...
    They are both lovely dogs whatever they are and I would be happy to own them :)

Added moved to the correct section
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2008
  9. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    Well theres a first for every thing Mini and you've seen it now so get over it...
    Oh dear, just thought it'd be a bit of fun, obviously not...whats happened to this place used to be a great laugh...
    they are most defo sibes around the 6 month mark, met the guy when he had just got the grey one before, he told me then he was getting another, now has 2 and is looking for his third :lol: must be keen :lol: he also intends to work them too
  10. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    Thanks to all who took part, much appreciated...I thought it was a great pic because they looked so differnt to each other it would make a good guessing game xx
  11. Heather and Zak

Heather and Zak New Member

Name:
    heather
    But surely if it was posted in the correct section (working dogs) it would have given the game away, and after all it was a guessing game, just a bit of fun.
  12. arctic.wolf

arctic.wolf

Name:
    Alison
    good thread, perhaps we can have some more :grin:
  13. Nippy

Nippy New Member

Name:
    Jenny
    I wouldn't have been able to guess, but they are great looking dogs :grin:
  14. Meg

Meg Global Moderator

Name:
    Meg
    Get over what? Thinking some people may read this and think their breed was being ridiculed? What if someone had posted pictures of two NI in the working dog section and said what breed are these, (following your logic in post 11 http://www.dogsey.com/showpost.php?p=1406469&postcount=11 )

1. n.i x husky
    2.n.i
    3. husky
    ..your choice remember,
    I doubt it would have been well received by some or though to be 'a bit of fun' and I think with justification.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2008
  15. Fliggle

Fliggle New Member

Name:
    Heidi
    I thought it was a good thread, you can see from the start of the thread it was intended as a game, a bit of fun and I don't see how anyone could read it as someone trying to ridicule their breed.

What is it with everyone making assumptions on here these days, no wonder there are so many fights starting on here, nobody is given the chance to have a bit of good old fashioned fun anymore. Not everything has to be a debate.

Heidi
  16. MickB

MickB New Member

Name:
    Mick
    Sorry about coming to this thread a bit late. I must admit I would have guessed huskies from the start, but that's probably because we have seen a wide variety of different husky "types" coming through welfare over the years. The one on the left obviously has the long-coat gene (although, strangely the coat on its body looks fairly normal - just the strange frill round the ears). Unfortunately ear-size is IMHO one of the problems in the breed at the moment - a possible consequence of racing enthusiasts breeding for raw speed at the expense of other characteristics that they would regard (wrongly IMO) as "cosmetic".
    So definitely huskies - although if they showed under me they would be unlikely to be placed highly (he says diplomatically).

Mick
  17. Pita

Pita New Member

Name:
    Jackie or Jay
    Thanks for your input MickB, some breeds do have unnecessary cosmetic features but the ears on a Husky should be correct for survival, true not a problem in the UK but still an important breed feature.

IMO some breeds to go over the top when it comes to the show ring, for example so much hair as to render the dog unable to move around in a normal way or have to spend the day in crackers or other coat protecting attire. Those with overdone head or bone because the standard calls for substantial or majestic or uses words to that effect.

There are those standards that call for a dog to be above or below a certain size and suggest that the bigger or smaller the better, and the breeders seem only to notice that part of the standard and produce grotesque dogs of huge or minute size and nothing else to recommend them at all.
  18. melsgems

melsgems New Member

Name:
    Mel
    awwww I was going to say NIs lol, what do I know? they are beautiful though love them

there eyes are amazing colour

Can't we have a bit of fun now with out it being pulled up for little things

Mel xx