Utonagan Discussions

Discussion in 'Utonagan' started by Discussion Thread, May 15, 2004.

1. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    no Gnasher...those 'pound dogs' were not wolf crosses they were mutts of unknown heritage and u know it!!

would you of wanted your dogs if the 'w' word wasnt mentioned? i doubt that very much!

she knew what she was doing ,its peeps like you that she had in mind when doing all of this,

you will never admit it tho...u see what u want to see...really wouldnt be the fairytale u want if u didnt.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Well, we were in the same boat ref belief and trust. I am not really too bothered about the lack of KC Reg, it is why the KC will not entertain the dogs that bothers me and I do not mean the different groups, I mean the breeding practices and the 'fabricated dogs' on pedigrees, this can be detrimental to the dogs and of course to the owners , if the dog does have breeding related issues:-( .
  4. Heather and Zak

Heather and Zak New Member

Name:
    heather
    So you knew he was just a plain mutt then but still proclaim him to have been a wolfcross. :roll: Carry on your fantasy if it makes you happy. But don't expect any of us to believe it.
  5. Heather and Zak

Name:
    heather
    I agree pound dogs of unknown heritage. But nobody would have paid out so much for puppies from them. So stick the 'W' word in and it makes them seem exciting and of course bring in more £££££££:roll:
  6. tazer

tazer

Name:
    Tazer/Taz
    Apologies for not replying sooner, keep getting side tracked lol.

No, I've not read the whole thread, so hadn't seen your question.

I do think some earlier NI's have a collie x look. So perhaps collie isn't the main difference. Maybe the Ut people added more of it...or just did it officially. Can't recall if JK ever mentioned the addition of collie in NI's, or its presents at all, she could very well have done though.

Off to catch up now.
  7. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Hi Tazer xx
    No worries. It apears, from what has been said on this thread and by the look of some of the dogs (older ones), that there is Collie input in both. That being taken into account, I am guessing there is no diffence in the two 'breeds', unless there is an input of something else in either one that we do not know about.
  8. bint

bint New Member

Name:
    Susan
    I remember before we bought our 1st Ute my OH said they were expensive mutts, based on the supposed 3 way cross. Finding out it was more complicated than that didn't stop us getting another 3yrs later so you could say the dogs sold themselves:)
    I think some breeders were pretty naive & taken in by certain people themselves so technically weren't lying but I have absolutely no time whatsoever for any of the founder breeders who KNEW they were spouting lies! Don't even get me started on the despicable ethics & welfare issues:evil:
  9. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Very well said.
  10. Gnasher

Gnasher

Name:
    Nikki
    Absolutely not - I have already told you the origins and background to Eddie's lines.

As to your second paragraph, yes and know. I had no idea of the existence of wolf crosses until I by chance saw JK on tv that fateful night on Friday Night Live with her 2 "wolf crosses". So to answer your question in the first part, no, I would not have ended up in our long quest to find Eddie ... it took us a long time to track her down, because at this stage she had gone underground as it were, and with these being pre-internet days, we had no idea how to trace her. We did of course eventually and the rest is history. However, to answer your second in the second part, yes, having seen her fabulous dogs, yes, even if she had said "it's a load of old guff you know, there is no wolf in these dogs whatsoever", I would have still had Hal.

Eddie did indeed know what she was doing, she was a good business woman, and where's the harm in that? But she was not irresponsible in that (unlike other breeders) she bred unhealthy dogs, (JK herself will state that the best thing about Eddie was the health of her dogs), or she did not let you know exactly what you were taking on in terms of w content and all the other negatives (I personally believe she over-egged the % of Hal's w, but I have no proof of this either way - he was an F4, but that does not mean he was 75% - with the knowledge I now have of far higher wolf contents etc. etc., I would say he was not 75%). So yes, she was a wiley old bird ... that is not a crime. She saw the idiocy in continuing to publically advertise wolf cross pups, unlike other people, and shut her mouth. You had to get to know her, to meet her, before she would "talk" to you. She was very careful.

So you may call it just a fairy tale, but I know that it is not, and that is all that matters :002:
  11. Gnasher

Gnasher

Name:
    Nikki
    Why should an input of collie into Eddie's lines make them plain mutts? What is wrong with plain mutts? I myself will describe my dogs as mongrels, because that is what they are, they are crossbreeds.

Please don't attempt to insult me by calling my dogs mutts, because you won't succeed simply because I am not insulted by it. Now, call me fattie, then you will know all about it :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
  12. Gnasher

Gnasher

Name:
    Nikki
    In addition, why should just plain mutts not be wolf mixes as well? I am struggling Heather to follow your logic on this one~!~
  13. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    Can someone tell me how to pronounce Utonagon???

I have always prounounced it U-Ton-a-gone

Met someone with one the other day and they pronounce it "OOton-Agan" and another one who admitted they didn't know how it was pronounced but its spelled "utonagan" and its a mix between an alsation, a husky, and a Malmutt!!!! (of course I managed to correct her in her pronunciation of MalamuTE!
  14. Heather and Zak

Name:
    heather
    It seems you are the only one that knows the true origins of Eddies dogs, can you explain why so many people are still trying to piece things together about these dogs and are coming up with all the lies that were told:roll: Yes Eddie was a good business woman she knew how to sell her pups didn't she, by adding the W word, it worked didn't it? You have just said yourself how she upped the % of Hal. The crime is not being a 'wiley old bird' as you put it but selling her dogs as something they were not. And you know her dogs were healthy because.......? Were they all health tested then before breeding? As that is the only way you would be able to say they were healthy if she had good test results.
  15. Heather and Zak

Name:
    heather
    Because they would either be 'plain mutts' as in a mixture of dogs or 'wolf crosses'.And Gnasher I have no problem with mongrels, I do have a problem with bad breeders though.;-)
  16. Heather and Zak

Name:
    heather
    I think it depends on peoples accents, or if they talk posh like what I does.:lol:
  17. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    Well these two people talk like I do..and one cant pronounce it and didn't try LOL and the other OOTON-A-gon

ROFL...
  18. Heather and Zak

Name:
    heather
    That's why people are calling them Utes now then.:lol:
  19. Jem

Jem New Member

Name:
    Jemma
    Can i ask, whats a butterfly nose?x
  20. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    But then..is that YOOTS (as I would say)..or OOOOTS as she would say?
  21. Tassle

Tassle New Member

Name:
    H
    I would like to question this bit? I know you lost Hal young, I was of the understanding this was due to a complication after some surgery? (Correct me if I am wrong) What was the Surgery for (if I had ti right?)

...and where do you feel that the health issues have come from in these dogs?
    The one fact everyone seems to agree on is that they were 'started' by Eddie.
    Were any issues detected in the first few generations? When did people first start being aware of the health issues?