Siberian Huskies. Discussions

Discussion in 'Siberian Husky' started by Nippy, Apr 7, 2008.

1. MickB

MickB New Member

Name:
    Mick
    I wonder how many of them have actually survived:cry:

Mick
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. bint

bint New Member

Name:
    Susan
    So very sad, poor young mum & pups:-( How do some people sleep at night:x
    I have recently met 3 sibe pups in my area & none seem to be in knowledgeable homes:-(
  4. Lyken

Lyken New Member

Name:
    Charliee
    Recently driving around kent with my BF, we came across a lad walking 3 sibe pups.. obviously i screamed to pull over :D

and jumpedout , made a fuss of the pups, asked where there from, and the lad just looked at me and said..

" well the bird had a girl husky, and managed to mate it with a very well known lady around here for huskies *******, and coz they couldnt sell the 3rd pup, i got her for free"

I just smiled and managed to be draged away before i went loopy at him!!

ARGH!!
  5. infamousinuits

infamousinuits New Member

Name:
    alexandra
    i remeber when i had to go on a long waiting list to get my first sibe which was over 9 years ago. theres loads about now though. mostly non kc reg ones, if i have a litter i only sell them with restrictions and to sign a contract saying they are not allowed to breed from their dog.
  6. MickB

MickB New Member

Name:
    Mick
    Item 10 of your contract also states that they are not allowed to neuter their dog - why is that?

link removed
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2008
  7. infamousinuits

Name:
    alexandra
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2008
  8. MickB

MickB New Member

Name:
    Mick
    Glad to be of service!
  9. infamousinuits

Name:
    alexandra
    and im not sure why charlie wants his dogs uneuterd or spayed. the original terms and conditons were taken from his contract for saarloos dogs. But i think thats because they remain his property when we sells them? as originally the word "adopter" was used and not "purchaser"
  10. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    Surely if money changes hands for the pups then they automatically become the buyer property..regardless of what words are used

Were these terms so they could take them back and breed from them?
  11. infamousinuits

Name:
    alexandra
    i dont know, its not my buisness.
  12. arctic.wolf

arctic.wolf

Name:
    Alison

Such a shame to see this happening to this poor little bitch, but this is a kennel club registered breed, the kennel club should refuse to register pups bred from puppy farm underage, unhealthtested dogs.

This has nothing whatsoever to do with pure bred Northern Inuit dogs.

I know from reading your other posts you have complete disapproval for Northern Inuit dogs, but NI is a different breed, and is nothing to do with puppy farmed KC registered pups.

Crosses of NI with other breeds of wolfy looking dog are not the same as pure bred NI either, same as huskamute are not the same as pure bred Sibe
  13. infamousinuits

Name:
    alexandra
    ive noticed that most husky people though think that even pure bred NI are still mongrels and cross breeds. (it says so on his website. i own both huskies and czech wolfdogs,but i never cross my huskies with them they are seprate to me. it can be ok to like both types of breeds!
  14. MickB

MickB New Member

Name:
    Mick
    We'll just have to agree to disagree:grin: :grin:

Infamousinuits wrote: "ive noticed that most husky people though think that even pure bred NI are still mongrels and cross breeds. (it says so on his website."

Yes, most husky people (and malamute people and GSD people) including myself do think that!

Mick
  15. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    BUT how can you say its nothing to do with it..when people are blatantly advertising crosses of NI..Shouldn't YOU or the NIS or TIDA be having words??

This leads everyone else to beleive that NI might not actually BE NI... they could be crossed with whatever.. czech, sarloos.. etc
  16. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    Your website states a lot too:roll:

How can you justify selling cross pups for £750 but don't mention health testing?

Where do you work and show your sibes?

Other mixed inuits/huskies/mals.. do you sell these for the same price as the £750 pups that you sell

How do your pups become "hybrid"..aren't they just crossbred?

:shock: :shock: :roll:

While I commend you for the first part... telling people to go and get a crossbreed as a first Northern "breed"...its not a breed!

Maybe you have too many dogs?? Sad to hear I know but there is a time to realise that too many is too many

So you only have to "speak" to these other breeders and you hand the puppy over.. a go between??
    NOT the type of vetting I think is suitable!
  17. zoeybeau1

zoeybeau1

Name:
    Toni
    See my thread on this sorry guy's didnt see this before I POSTED.
  18. sallyinlancs

sallyinlancs New Member

Name:
    n/a
    When I was looking for my dog and doing research I found an incredible array of 'wolfy-type' crosses and so called 'breeds' from breeders who are still cross breeding!! In the end I decided to go for a NIS registered Northern Inuit because these are the only Northern Inuits bred true to type, with compulsory health testing, lifetime support, and absolutely NO CROSSBREEDING allowed. I knew what I was getting - a Northern Inuit, with all the traits that are typical of the breed. I am so glad I did my research properly and the NIS has been extremely supportive - they are always willing to help out if I ever want any advice. I have since got another NI and I am absolutely delighted with both of my dogs. They are healthy, happy, loving, affectionate, playful dogs and they are both fantastic with other animals and children. I can highly recommend that if anyone is looking for a Northern Inuit, that they go for a NIS registered one as this way they can be totally sure they are getting a NI and not a crossbreed.
  19. jorjamae1

jorjamae1 New Member

Name:
    Jo
    I dont wanna get any one's hackles up but a NI isnt a breed its a crossbreed, at the end of the day its pot luck what kind of temprement your dogs gonna have as it could have the best or the worst of the breeds that have been mixed to create them. There is nothing wrong with a cross bred if it was an accidental mateing, but when people are cross breeding on purpous then that is wrong. There are alot of breeds out there that are being ruined by cross breeding and its a shame that it is now happening to the breed i love best, the siberian husky, people giving all these cross breeds a fancy name so that they can make more money, it makes me so cross. :evil: When are people gonna wake up and stop doing this to the animals around them?? cross breeding dogs, cross breeding lions and tigers to make a liger??? wtf?? These are living breathing animals but i guess that some people just see pound signs when they look at a dog!:evil:
  20. zoeybeau1

zoeybeau1

Name:
    Toni
    But with a registerd NI some of the breeder's are trying to purefy them and then you have the money making bandwagon ones crossing them with wolfy dog's to make more money, then slating the NI and saying but they are the crossbred's. Yep they are but the are a breed in progress and some poeple are trying.
    As far as I can see.
  21. Patch

Patch New Member

Name:
    Patch
    I could have sworn the header of this thread is `Siberian Huskies` and is in the Working Dogs section :?
    Is the thread title showing up as NIs, or Hybrids, or something else, and in the non-recognised breeds or crossbreeds section in reality ?
    Is my browser is just lying to me :shock:

[ I know I know, subtle as a breeze block ;-) ]