Tri merle borer collies Questions

Discussion in 'Border Collie' started by collie, Mar 29, 2008.

1. melzy

melzy New Member

Name:
    melzy
    i dont know lol:grin:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Patch

Patch New Member

Name:
    Patch
  4. collie

collie New Member

Name:
    kelly
    [​IMG][/IMG]
  5. melzy

melzy New Member

Name:
    melzy
    its it just me that cant see it:-(
  6. Patch

Patch New Member

Name:
    Patch
    All that is there is [/img]

Which photo host are you using - is it photobucket ?
    If it is, under the thumbnail pic, [ in photobucket ], of the one you want to post there will be four options.
    Left click once on the text next to the fourth option, [ that automatically copies the url and the image tags ], then on your post here, right click and select paste. :grin:

To hopefully make that clearer, using your avatar picture, the link is this

http://www.dogsey.com/image.php?u=7678&dateline=1206298498

which on this post shows as a line of clickable text.

To make it show as an image I would need to put [​IMG] at the end of it but by left clicking on the fourth option under the pic you want to post from photobucket, doing that adds the [​IMG] for you
  7. collie

collie New Member

Name:
    kelly
    hi there i will try again

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  8. collie

collie New Member

Name:
    kelly
    this is my puppie frank the tri merle and the other is my jack russel shady and my other border collie bill
  9. Patch

Patch New Member

Name:
    Patch
    And well worth the wait for piccies they are too :mrgreen:
  10. willowish

willowish New Member

Name:
    Gillian
    Beautiful dogs :grin: Stable Merle? do you mean sable merle? Must admit I'm alittle more confused now as merling is masked by the sable colouring and wouldn't be an obvious merle. Where is your puppy from?

[​IMG]
  11. collie

collie New Member

Name:
    kelly
    thank you i love my puppies we wold like to take them to agility so we are looking for a good one near to where we live:grin:
  12. melzy

melzy New Member

Name:
    melzy
    :shock: i want your puppy:grin: :grin:
  13. collie

collie New Member

Name:
    kelly
    sable yes sorry thats what i ment lol, the mum was sable and gray merle and the dad was a red merle. off a well known puppie site
  14. colliemad

colliemad

Name:

sable and grey merle?:?
  15. collie

collie New Member

Name:
    kelly
    sorry i must look as if im mad lol. the dad was a red merl and the mum was sable with a bit of gray on one side. The dad had kc papers and was from a good blood line but i dont know about the mum. The only bitch in the litter had the small eye and was white.The vet looked at him when he had his first jab and said he was all ok but he got his second tonight so i want him to give him a good look over as i was worried about him being merle on merle. i will still love him the same if he dose have problems
  16. Teal'c

Teal'c New Member

Name:
    DC
    Your puppy is soooo handsome please keep us updated with photos as he grows up :mrgreen:

As to his parents, Sables appearance can sometimes look merle as each hair is more than one colour i.e the tips are darker. The sable masks not only the merle gene but also the tricolour. Do you know if the the sire or dam of the sable were merle? Because of the high probabilty of phantom merles with sables this is why it is never a good idea to mate a merle to a sable.

Take a look here this website will give you much more detailed information on BC colours and the genetics behind them :grin:

http://bryningbordercollies.com/Border-Collie-Colours

17. collie

collie New Member

Name:
    kelly
    hi thanks for the web page it was a lot of help and i will keep adding pics of frank on he is such a lovle puppy collie and cant wait for him and my other border to start there aglilty
  18. mishflynn

mishflynn

Name:
    Mish
    Sable colouring "can" mask the merle gene,which is why merle to sable isnt recommended
  19. Wozzy

Wozzy New Member

Name:
    Leanne
    What a gorgeous pup! If I had another BC it would have to be a tri merle (either blue or red) and he's got some fantastic markings!
  20. collie

collie New Member

Name:
    kelly
    :grin: thank you
  21. Colley1275

Colley1275 New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    Hi there,

He is a lovely looking pup. I wish you much luck with him.

Just for info, you wouldn't be able to start formal agility training with him until he is over 12 months old as he will need time to grow and his bones to develop - dogs cannot compete in agility until they are over 18 months. However, you may be able to start training your older Border Collie (not sure how old he is) if you take a look at agility.net you should be able to find out where your local club is and when they practise etc...

But there is so much to do your pup before then anyway, get him out and about as much as you can when he has been fully vaccinated and get him used to as many things as possible - that way you will have a nice outgoing puppy that should take to most things when he is older.

Bye for now