Petite,Mini,Bonsai sized BCs Photos

Discussion in 'Border Collie' started by mishflynn, Feb 10, 2008.

1. mishflynn

mishflynn

Name:
    Mish

Petite,Mini,Bonsai sized BCs

Here in appreciation of good things that come in small Packages, Id like you to post pics of your "little" adult Collies!!!!

Ta! enjoy!!!!:grin:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Mahooli

Mahooli New Member

Name:
    Becky
    Where's the piccies?
    Becky
  4. mishflynn

mishflynn

Name:
    Mish
    Here is my own Tiny Angel.Hes a boy! His name is Maverick & hes a Bonsai babe!

[​IMG]

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v682/michflynn/?action=view&current=fcd3b225.pbr

Hes (not offical) around 18 1/2 inches (which is small for a boy!!) Hes also scared (or embarressed ) of the tape measure! Hes 16months at todays measurement (did it from top of withers)

Breeding wise.

Hes (his name Forever Magic X Rated)

WT CH Waggerland Mister Jake x OB CH Danesway Double Delight @Forevermagic

& Includes Waggerland, Gemmadean, Kajo, Forevermagic, Valecroft, & sealight
  5. mishflynn

mishflynn

Name:
    Mish
    Cor! Impatient!

Now we need Cassie & Indy to really get it going!!!!!

Comeon Gals!
  6. Mahooli

Mahooli New Member

Name:
    Becky
    Well you're not too far from me I have an official Swedish KC dog measuring stick. I've measured all my lot with it and was so pleased to find Wilson wasn't well over 16" which my knife over the back and nick in the wall attempt implied!
    Becky
  7. Colley1275

Colley1275 New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    Hi there,

I think he's lovely - all 18.5 inches of him !! lol

My boy is 21 inches so doesnt qualify unfortunately.

However unless Cayley (4 months) gets a move on she will be able to join your club !! lol she is a proper titch

My daughter calls her the 'elf dog' lol

Love the photo :0)

regards
    Rachel
  8. Trixybird

Trixybird New Member

Name:
    Tracy
    Stunning picture of Maverick :)
  9. mishflynn

mishflynn

Name:
    Mish
    Thanks all,
    keep fingers Xd that Cayley can join!
  10. Kicks

Kicks New Member

Name:
    Hazel
    Another two members!

little Indy at 16.5 inches (proper midget!) she was a HUGE puppy :? so not sure what happened! (mix of locheil and canen lines)

teeny collie
    [​IMG]

next to scot (whos about 20/21 inch for comparison!)
    [​IMG]

and Felix who matches the gorgeous Mav at 18 inches - felix was always a midget but his littermates are giants! (mix of astra and canen lines)
    [​IMG]

scot im afraid has outgrown his membership!
  11. Kicks

Kicks New Member

Name:
    Hazel
    oh yeah - indy is 11 months and felix 21 months!
  12. mishflynn

mishflynn

Name:
    Mish
    Brill!!!!!! I just love Indys shes so pretty! & Felix looks wicked!

Awaiting more little 'uns to join now !!!!
  13. Trixy

Trixy

Name:
    Jasmine
    Some beautiful pictures guys :) keep them coming xx
  14. Kicks

Kicks New Member

Name:
    Hazel
    Indy is a purdy little lady! I love mav he looks so happy - felix bless him is a cuddle monster, but is such a girl about everything!!!
  15. Wozzy

Wozzy New Member

Name:
    Leanne
    Well Jed certainly wont be joining this exclusive club as he's 23"!
  16. Colley1275

Colley1275 New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    Hello again,

I measured Cayley today - she is 15.5 inches tall. She is 5 months old, and weighs in at 10.7 kg.

I was wondering whether she will make the minimum of 18 inches as we were rather hoping to show her and have been attending ringcraft classes for some weeks now.

She is small but perfectly formed !

I just wondered by what age has a Border Collie finished their UPWARD growing ? I realise that it can take up until 18 months for them to fill out etc, but she is SO much smaller than Bill our other BC who is now spot on at 21inches.

Just wondered what people thought ?

Heres a piccie of her standing the other day - its not the best, as she moved just as I grabbed the camera - so it doesn't make her look very good - when she has a good front normally :0)

[​IMG]
  17. megan57collies

megan57collies New Member

Name:
    She's lovely. Can't wait to have a cuddle at East Anglia.
    In answer to your question, in my experience they can gain in height anything upto 18 months. Some say 12 months and they're finished but this certainly wasn't the case with my dogs, although the majority of their height was gained at around 12 months. Both gained a good inch in height after this age.
    In terms of your lines and from what I've seen with Josie/Sue Larges dog in the ring. They are slow maturers which is a good thing. You don't want the dog done and dusted at 12 months. BC's remember will normally take 4-5 years to reach maturity. As you will see at the shows there are a range of sizes in the ring. My bobs is bang on 21", which is specified for the males. Yet if you look at him in the ring he is one of the smaller dogs in size. So don't panic. Josie and Sue are lovely people and will support/advise you. It'll be good for you to get out at a show as it gives you a good comparison of dogs your age. Don't be disheartened though. My bobs was so slow growing, he looked immature and small against the others in his age group. Took 18 months before he fitted. So it's a long game not a short one. :D:D:D:D
  18. megan57collies

megan57collies New Member

Name:
    My dogs can't join the club, too big. But I'm loving looking at all your pictures. Keep them coming.
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  19. wufflehoond

wufflehoond

Name:
    XXXXX
    Here's our Cassie then, all 11.2kgs of her. Still think she's the titchiest of the lot LOL

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  20. mishflynn

mishflynn

Name:
    Mish
    Ah ha! queen Cassandra! bout time too!! how tall (short) is madam?
  21. mishflynn

mishflynn

Name:
    Mish
    shes lovely!!!! Mav didnt grow upwatrd much after 6 months! People keep saying hes grown ,but he hasent, just filled out abit!