Yorkshire Terrier Discussions

Discussion in 'Yorkshire Terrier' started by Discussion Thread, Apr 28, 2004.

1. buzzie

buzzie New Member

Name:
    Joan
    Awww you are so sweet. I would love to pics of Minnie in her jumper when you have time. I found the pics so it wasn't Kodak, just me.....no surprise.:grin: Oh yes I watched 4 hrs of the debate coming from New Hampshire and it's going to be quite a year. We need Obama but not sure if it will happen. He is soooo smart and his youth is what we need but it's early and I may change my mind. I would have to change party from Rep. to Dem. to vote for him but that's ok. November is a long way off but I am VERY interested in politics. ( I usually spend my Sat. nites watching all the english shows like "Keeping Up Appearances" etc. I love them. I'm sorry but this pic doesn't really even show the legs but it shows we have green grass, snow and fall leaves all at the same time.
    [​IMG]
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. buzzie

buzzie New Member

Name:
    Joan
    Here's another picture. I call it "Where's Waldo":grin: she just sort of blends in to the landscape.

[​IMG]
  4. Wanda

Wanda New Member

Name:
    Wanda
    Aaaah!! She looks lovely. I will take some photos of Minnie in her jumper, but at the moment she is fast asleep in her bed - you know what these old ladies are like!!

Obama looks good, I have to say. He seems to be pulling ahead of Hilary at the moment, which quite pleases me, as I am not sure about her.

I loved "Keeping up Appearances". Do you get "One Foot in the Grave" ? If you do, you will know the catchphrase "I don't believe it" which is now part of the English language, as is "being a Victor Meldrew".

We're an odd race, arn't we!
  5. Wanda

Wanda New Member

Name:
    Wanda
    That is exactly what happens with Minnie! Sometimes I put her jumper on just so I can see her amongst the dead leaves and grass.

I will get some photos, I promise.
  6. buzzie

buzzie New Member

Name:
    Joan
    No, I don't think we get that show, darn it. odd race:lol: no but the best sense of humor, wonderful gardens and takes great care of their animals. Let little Minnie sleep and I'll be waiting for pics in a couple days. Have to get dinner started so I'll be talking with you. Give little minnie a puppy hug from crystal (like you say from one ol girl to another)
    Joan
  7. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Hello and Welcome to Dogsey.

I see from your profile you say you are a Commercial Breeder (what does that mean), and you have a Teacup Yorkie that will make a great stud. not sure I understand that, do you mean because he is a Teacup or he is a excellent example of his breed???

Just curious!
  8. kylatoeyN

kylatoeyN New Member

Name:
    michaela
    obiviously i am not a puppy farmer and i haev had done great research. my male yorkie is of fine healkth and has been checked fully by vets! he has has his hips scored and all the necessary health checks to go with it! and i thank you not to be so rude. i would invite you see my beautiful dogs and then make asumptions!
  9. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Sorry , you feel I am being rude, it was not my intention, and I commend you for health testing your boy, I know Yorkies have their own genetic diseases, needing to be CERF tested on a yearly basis, I know they can suffer with LPD...but I did not think Yorkies where required to be Hip Scored.
  10. Meg

Meg Global Moderator

Name:
    Meg
    hi kylatoey and welcome to Dogsey :)

Do you mind if I ask something out of interest , I thought toy dogs rarely got HD and I didn't think Yorkies were on the BVA /KC list :? do they have a mean score, it must be very low.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2008
  11. kylatoeyN

kylatoeyN New Member

Name:
    michaela
    the kennel club emphises that all dog breeds should be HDS, IES and EDS
  12. mollygemma mum

mollygemma mum New Member

Name:
    Elaine Shervill
    This is my mum's and Dad's yorky boy his names ben he is 5 years old.
    He is realy Rambo in yorky skin

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  13. buzzie

buzzie New Member

Name:
    Joan
    Ben (Rambo) you are a little doll or should I say cool since you are Rambo:grin: Is your little friend a yorkie??
  14. mollygemma mum

mollygemma mum New Member

Name:
    Elaine Shervill
    No Thats Max his a cross Scotty and Westy but they are best friends.
    Love Pictures of everyones Yorkys please keep them coming.
    Ben not so much Rambo but more cuddly bear.:grin:
  15. buzzie

buzzie New Member

Name:
    Joan
    Thanks, I've seen some VERY large yorkies so you never know. I agree Keep Those Pictures Coming:mini:
  16. Wanda

Wanda New Member

Name:
    Wanda
    Ben and his friend look gorgeous. I will post some photos of Minnie Gremlin I promise, but just at the moment I am living in a building site - having kitchen done - and it's just impossible to do anything! Love seeing everybody elses photos though.
  17. buzzie

buzzie New Member

Name:
    Joan
    We forgive you Wanda:) I know how upsetting a kitchen remodel can be but so worth it.

Hugs to Minnie!!
  18. Wanda

Wanda New Member

Name:
    Wanda
    Poor Minnie doesn't know whether she's coming or going with all the noise and dust and workmen! Last week the floorboards came up, and she nearly disappeared a couple of times. She slipped into the kitchen and started tottering along one of the joists on her way to the back door.:roll: Have to say though, the workmen have been great with my girls, especially Minnie, and are very careful about keeping doors and gates closed. Ceiling came down today, and has been plasterboarded, ready for plastering tomorrow. Oh, happy days!
  19. buzzie

buzzie New Member

Name:
    Joan
  20. Wanda

Wanda New Member

Name:
    Wanda
    Very fancy!! Had a quick peep at some of the merchandise as well - but bit pricey!:shock:
  21. buzzie

buzzie New Member

Name:
    Joan
    I'd like to bump this thread up for any new people that have a yorkie or may be interested in the breed.