Northern Inuits and Agility Agility

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by I-mac77, Aug 29, 2007.

1. I-mac77

I-mac77 New Member

Name:
    Iain

Northern Inuits and Agility

Hi,

I was wondering, if any of the Northern Inuit owners have done or do agility with their dogs, I am looking to get a dog to do agility with, as I find it fun for both dog and handler, and was wondering if anyone had any experience with this breed. I love the look of the Inuits and would love to have one.

REgards
    Iain
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. angelmist

angelmist New Member

Name:
    Kate
    I have only had a begginners go at agility but the runner was soo impressed with how Misty did she couldn't believe it was her first time, she asked if I had considered doing competetive agility with her.

So yes they are more than capable!
  4. I-mac77

I-mac77 New Member

Name:
    Iain
    Thanks
    Thought they probably would be, just wasn't sure if they would be stubborn in their training.
  5. abbie

abbie Member

Name:
    Heres a few pics of Sacha. She really loves it. We haven't been doing agility for long but came 2nd in our first competition :grin: :grin:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  6. I-mac77

I-mac77 New Member

Name:
    Iain
    wow she looks lovely! have you found her easy to train? I get the impression that they love to please and get the praise in one form or other
  7. angelmist

angelmist New Member

Name:
    Kate
    They really love it, I've never seen Misty more enthusiastic about something in all her life.

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=61116 heres where you can view her first go, excuse the bad handling!! But look at her tail!
  8. I-mac77

I-mac77 New Member

Name:
    Iain
    I think I can excse the bad handling :grin: :lol: :lol:

Her tail doesn't stop wagging does it, how long have you been doing the agility

I've made my mind up, our next dog will be an NI
  9. jeaniebeck

jeaniebeck New Member

Name:
    becky
    Interesting thread its nice to see these dogs enjoying agility. I think Karma would be good at it she is very agile and eager to please, as for mani omg hes so clumsey but i guess you never know until you try it.
  10. abbie

abbie Member

Name:

Thanks.

Have alook at this thread re NI's and training

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=68411

They really do love to please you and I haven't had any problems at all with Sacha with agility training. The only things we haven't done yet are the dog walk and flat tunnel. Were also planning on having a go at flyball sometime.

Obviously i'm not expecting her to be as quick as the collies and kelpies etc but the main thing is we both enjoy it and have fun :grin:
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2007
  11. abbie

abbie Member

Name:
    You looked fine. Misty really did look like she was enjoying herself :grin:
  12. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Great pics Abbie, we think our Shunka would thoroughly enjoy agility too. Will maybe give him the option one of these days.
  13. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private

Poor Mani!!!!!
  14. lynsey

lynsey New Member

Name:
    lynsey
    Agility looks great fun, I'm sure my bitch Teekah would be really good at it as she is very light and agile, whereas Ty he is a big clumsey goof and just would not get the idea of it.
  15. jeaniebeck

jeaniebeck New Member

Name:
    becky
    lol lynsey that is more a less what i said about karma and mani, poor boys but they really are clumsey and not too clever:roll: :roll: :roll:
  16. angelmist

angelmist New Member

Name:
    Kate
    Thanks!

That was our first ever go at agility, we have never done it since as I don't drive and there are no local agility clubs but it is something I would love to try in the future.
  17. I-mac77

I-mac77 New Member

Name:
    Iain

Are you sure there are no local ones as there are so many about, and it was so obvious that she liked it. Have you checked on agilitynet website?
  18. angelmist

angelmist New Member

Name:
    Kate
    I've been told that my nearest one is is about half an hour on a bus and starts at 7pm. I'll check that website though as I've never heard of it, thanks.
  19. I-mac77

I-mac77 New Member

Name:
    Iain
    There is also www.agilityeye.co.uk, both might help
    It'd be a shame if you can't do it, as she obviously loved it.
  20. angelmist

angelmist New Member

Name:
    Kate
    I've had another look and nothing other than the one I know about! The problem is I don't drive so getting about with the dogs isn't so easy unless its in walking distance. My other half is just learning to drive so its likely I will have to wait until he passes his test!
  21. I-mac77

I-mac77 New Member

Name:
    Iain
    Thats a shame, good luck for OH test