My British Inuit pup - any other BI owners? General Chat

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by punkykrista, Jul 12, 2007.

1. exanthematcus

exanthematcus New Member

Name:
    halo
    so do i. having grown up in a village where nearly everyone was a gsd or husky owner, and having owned gsd's myself i can clearly see the difference between gsd's and NI's and huskies and NI's. i don't think they look like either dog. my friend also has 2 gsd's and when my NI stands next to them she looks nothing like them. sorry to go off topic. togo is absolutely stunning by the way
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    Yes but if you put a husky and a GSD together then u get a NI
  4. abbie

abbie Member

Name:
    No you don't you get a husky x GSD
  5. upallnight

upallnight New Member

Name:
    Valerie
    In my humble opinion if you crossed a Husky with a GSD you get a Mongrel :-(

I
  6. phillipa

phillipa New Member

Name:
    phillipa
    How do you get an NI from a husky and gsd :grin:
  7. Dragan

Dragan New Member

Name:
    Dragan
    why is this thread now going to a NI fight again ????
  8. wufflehoond

wufflehoond

Name:
    XXXXX
    Please note that the original poster created this thread a year ago and has never posted again. Please don't turn this into a fight after all this time.
  9. phillipa

phillipa New Member

Name:
    phillipa
    I agree its always the same should stay on topic but some people can leave a great breed alone its a shame :-(
  10. catrinsparkles

catrinsparkles New Member

Name:
    catrin
    well said!
  11. janie

janie New Member

Name:
    Janie
    Not always
  12. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Those are the types of comments that will raise a reply you may not like. The very word "breed" is under question, thats what causes most of the problems within this type of dog. :grin:
  13. phillipa

phillipa New Member

Name:
    phillipa
    wasnt trying to cause trouble but as soon as the dogs are mentioned someone will have a go its a shame is all i was trying to say why not just leave the dogs alone and enjoy such wounderfull dogs
  14. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    I didnt think you were. :grin: Just pointing out that the history and very being of the "breed" is what causes most problems.:)
  15. abbie

abbie Member

Name:
    I agree completely
  16. Foo

Foo New Member

Name:
    Foo
    This is so confusing Krista.. are you posting as the real you or the infamousinuits??? I hope the people who've offered you kindness realise you are one of the same..
  17. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    I realised, hasnt she sold her CWD as they became aggressive? that she got from cry wolf?
    To be fair I think she is another innocent victim like many wolf lookalike owners.
  18. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    I agree the pup is lovely but you can clearly see the input from either CWD or saarloos.

To me the NI is a breed the fact is not recognised by the KC doesn't change that. People can disagree with this statement but need to bear in mind a lot of NI owners feel the same way, as do Ute and BI owners. If people dont approve of the NI or other similar breeds then the answer is a very simple one. . . .Don't join in on the threads about them!
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2008
  19. Muddiwarx

Muddiwarx Member

Name:
    Julie

Thats fab that you are so good at spotting them - "typical" grey and white NI types are easier to recognise - but there are still a LOT who look just like GSD or husky - usually ones who carry a more typical GSD or husky colour and have the shape etc - it's not a wonder given recent ancestry - nor is it a bad thing as all are beaitiful dogs but it certainly has to be said that many NI are not at all instantly recognisable. (Then again nor are many "Labradors"!)
  20. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel

Or Staffys, i saw a guy in the park the other week with two and i would of swore they were a cross. You could see staffy some where but no way would i say they were pure. The owner said different mind.
  21. ursula

ursula New Member

Excellent point!