Samoyed Discussions

Discussion in 'Samoyed' started by Discussion Thread, Apr 28, 2004.

1. arcticwolf1930

arcticwolf1930 New Member

Name:
    Arctic
    Hi Louise,
    I got her from a Mrs Hughes of Calsam near Glastonbury. She is pudding, but very jealous of me. She wraps herself around my legs to stop the puppy coming near me.
    How old is your malamute? Do they get on well together?
    Is your samoyed a female too?:lol:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    Seiko is male and was 7 in July.. He is from Wyntermyst kennels.. Cruiser is a 19 week old boy from Snowolf kennel..
    Lola is 14 months and is a rescue..

Seiko adores both of them but both together is a bot too much for him.. He will play with them individually and sometimes together until they get too boisterous..

Seiko has a very placid nature and excellent temprement with everything.. Cruiser is very laid back and has so far been a fabulous puppy..he is a real water baby
  4. arcticwolf1930

arcticwolf1930 New Member

Name:
    Arctic
    Sounds good. My samoyed (I could have sworn was placid until this little tike turned up) - she hates him in her space and really tells him off. I have to watch them, but the breeders have told me to allow them to work their differences out. She comes across as an 'old girl' who likes her peace and quiet and has totally grown out of playing. The malamute tries to bite her legs and tug her fur and gets a swift rebuke for trying this.
    I feel sorry for the mal, as he is terribly frustrated. He wants someone to roll around with, but as he is so boisterous at this age and all of my other dogs are 7 years and 8 years, they really just want him to lie down.
    I am sure he will calm down. These dogs are supposed to make calm and dignified adults.:)
  5. bucilla

bucilla New Member

Name:
    colette
    hi everyone:grin:
    just thought id post a pic of my boy storm hes 14 months. im afraid iv got no chance of him standing so beautifull :lol: im lucky if he stays still enought to get any pics his full name is snow storm prince

[​IMG]

love colette
  6. SwiftSamoyed

SwiftSamoyed New Member

Name:
    Glenn
    Hi, well i see there are a couple of Samoyed owners on here :grin: i was wondering whether those that have had any good information / advice on the breeds temperment, character etc and if any recommendation on reading material for me to read up and learn more about the breed as i very much would like one and with any dog... homework is important.

I would like to get a rescue Samoyed but not sure when the time comes to either get a pup or dog, im guessing having a dog i will already be able to see their temperment and personality but with a pup i can work on rearing a way that i would want.

Anyway, i would appricate any advice / information, you can PM me if you wish :grin: , looking forward to hearing from all the Sammy owners on here.

SwiftSamoyed
  7. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    Will PM you when I get home..
  8. SwiftSamoyed

SwiftSamoyed New Member

Name:
    Glenn

Hi, and thanks i've already sent you PM... i'll be on for a good 45 mins then i'm off too work, but i should be on much later, i'll recieve your PM either way lol, thanks replying :grin: