pit bull type? BSL

Discussion in 'American Pit Bull Terrier' started by SBT, Jan 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katie23

Katie23 New Member

Name:
    the breed - pitbulls were used for fighting - so techincally you would think they have it 'in them' which is what people say

i do belive that its how you bring a dog up - to an extent

you wouldnt leave any dog in a room alone with a kid for example - any breed - even my puppy - springerx i would never leave alone ina room with kids

i just think that if the breeds banned its banned - whther its a cross or whatever

yes owners are to blame but sometimes dogs are just that way - whether they are trained otherwise or not

pitbulls were banned for a reason - this fact shouldnt be forgotten
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. kristian

kristian New Member

Name:
    titch
    think you need to think about what your saying before posting! this is not about the dog that killed poor little ellie this is about a totally different dog! are your dogs killers? :cry: please don't be ignorant! deed not breed.
  4. kristian

kristian New Member

Name:
    titch
    pitbulls were banned because of bad people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bulldogs were originally breed for fighting too! should these be banned! do some research on pitbulls and i think you'll change your mind about them i did?
    responsible loving owners of socalled pitbull "type" breeds are the ones who are being affected by this law not the scumbags who fight them as they don't give a sh!t what happens to they're dogs! like the amnesty that was on, lets be honest how many dog fighters would have thought lets hand our fighters in?
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2007
  5. Katie23

Katie23 New Member

Name:
    why arent bulldogs banned then???

i dont know and frankely i dont care - im just saying about pitbulls :?
  6. Sal

Sal New Member

Name:
    sally
    The current legislation we have in place was rushed through in 1991,because of similar events.
    Has it reduced dog attacks NO,will it ever NO,does the current legislation work NO.

The idiot who rushed this legislation through didn't tell us was:

Breeds that have actually killed people in the UK over the past 50 years include a West Highland White Terrier, Golden Retriever and “Jack Russell”.
  7. Katie23

Katie23 New Member

Name:
    well we all have our own opinions on the differnt breeds - ive stated mine - im not saying any more unless i have to
  8. kristian

kristian New Member

Name:
    titch
    :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
  9. SBT

SBT New Member

Name:
    SBT
    If we look at the facts not peoples opinion there is no argument, killing dogs because of the way they look will not make it any safer for anyone.
  10. kristian

kristian New Member

Name:
    titch
  11. Nicci_L

Nicci_L New Member

Name:
    Nicci
    Suze, I see you have a Border Collie x have you ever looked at bite statistics for the Border Collie? Because they fail pretty miserably when compared to ANY bull breed, including the Pit Bull.
  12. SBT

SBT New Member

Name:
    SBT
  13. Nicci_L

Nicci_L New Member

Name:
    Nicci
  14. muttzrule

muttzrule New Member

Name:
    Rachael
    I was bitten, as a child, badly on the leg by a labrador x chow.
    I don't think we should ban all crossbreeds. I think we should ban owners that, like this lab/chows owner, chain their dogs up to trees their whole lives leaving them nothing to do but develop intense guarding behaviors.
    Breeding didn't make that dog bite me, his owner did.
  15. chelsea

chelsea New Member

Name:
    Jean
    .i know i will upset a lot of people on here but i agree that some breeds SHOULD be banned as they have no place in our society today.
    these are the dogs that have a strong instinct to fight or guard.

Why should some dogs be banned when its the owners its not fare to blame the dog a dog learns from its owners.And if people want to muzzel there dogs then why should other people worry each to your own and i think if you feel your dog needs a muzzel on then put one on them dont worry about what other people think or say

I have just read that poor dog was put to sleep well i think it is bad the law is not fare sometimes.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2007
  16. SBT

SBT New Member

Name:
    SBT
    The trouble with banning breeds is it does not address the problem, irresponsible owners.
  17. Sal

Sal New Member

Name:
    sally
    Exactly and when the breed of irresponsible owners is banned they simply move on to another.
    Banning breeds is not the answer.
  18. Biff

Biff

Which breeds exactly do you think fall into this category? Do you think that would resolve the problem? Do you think by doing this the people that desire such a dog will simply stop desiring them? They will continue to purchase them illegaly, failing that they will turn their focus to another breed.
  19. Katie23

Katie23 New Member

Name:
    i think banning the 4 breeds already banned is necessary and right

but i dont agree with them just taking dogs 'cos they look like pitbulls' that i dont agree with

but i do think that certain types of breeds have it in them - but responsible owners can change this - sadly - most of them dont
  20. Sal

Sal New Member

Name:
    sally
    Can i ask why you think banning breeds is right?
  21. Katie23

Katie23 New Member

Name:
    because they were banned for a reason

fighting dogs - they have it int their blood more so than a lot of other breeds
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.