Utonagans and Northern Inuits ????? Purpose ! Discussions

Discussion in 'Utonagan' started by Malady, Oct 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. janie

janie New Member

Name:
    Janie
    i think it`s time for me to leave the thread... this is why i don`t usually get involved.. <sigh>
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Lucky Star

Lucky Star Member

Have a look at Nadia's site Janie - information about the original dogs has been on there for quite some time. I believe there was help from the NI Society in getting the info? :grin:
  4. sutty

sutty New Member

Name:
    sue
    my apologies malady, it seems you have posted on other threads, i see a few more digs at the N.I's and Utes in some though
  5. sutty

sutty New Member

Name:
    sue
    One of the founder breeders has asked me to post a message for her on how she created the N.I ' being an evil witch, she got out her cauldron, threw in 10 malamutes, 10 huskies, 7 gsd's, an eskimo dog and 4 others for good measure, stirred up her genetic stew, said her magic spell and hey presto, out popped a northern inuit with a fantastic temperament,' now didnt she do well lol
  6. Ripsnorterthe2nd

Ripsnorterthe2nd New Member

Name:
    Emma
    And just in time for halloween too! :lol:
  7. Malady

Malady

Name:
    T
    Not sure what threads you are referring to, but I have not had digs at utes or Ni's on any thread I have posted on whatsoever. I have however posted comments on dogs in general, whatever breed they may be.

Could you please point me to the thread where I have had a dig at these breeds ? then I may stand corrected.

As for what breeds were used, there are people on here that have quoted that 3 were used and the breeders I have spoken to have also said the Mal/Sibe/GSD were used. No others were mentioned. So before digging at me, perhaps it would be wise to take into consideration that not everyone gives the same or correct information.

I don't know how you came to conclusion that I was implying you were making the book up :? Don't read between the lines, just read what is written. Too many people do this resulting in misquoting and taking things out of context.
  8. Mel

Mel New Member

Name:
    Melody

Thats a mature answer, definitely going to make people take both the NI and Ute seriously :roll:
  9. Wolfie

Wolfie New Member

Name:
    Corrie
    Maybe you should read my post a little better Zoundz. I was not at any point being hostile or defensive to anyone in particular, just towards the one's that have been abusive. I'm sure that if someone had questioned your love of rats, implying that you weren't a rat lover because you don't know everything there is to know about them, I'm sure you'd be reacting is the same way. My last post to you was to refrain from patronising me. This time I will ask you to stop accusing me of something I wasn't doing before your post has to be reported again.

Corrie
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2006
  10. Malady

Malady

Name:
    T
    Just to make sure it's understood what I was saying :

I NEVER said Ute/NI owners HAD to know EVERYTHING, but what I did say in the short was that to truly understand your chosen breed, then you should be familiar with the breedings, history and basic health issues and possible problems of it, especially if you are choosing a breed which is still in experimental stages that needs work to improve it and you are a novice dog owner. That's common sense, not abusive !
  11. sutty

sutty New Member

Name:
    sue
    well for her next trick, as she really cant improve on the dog, she's gonna try for the perfect man , , by the way, im fed up with trying to be mature so im just gonna be childish now
  12. Wolfie

Wolfie New Member

Name:
    Corrie
    Sutty, let me know when she manages it, I'll put my name down for the first order :lol: :lol:
  13. sutty

sutty New Member

Name:
    sue

:smt043 :smt043 :smt043 :smt043 :smt043 :smt043
  14. Lucky Star

Lucky Star Member

Make mine a double :p
  15. sutty

sutty New Member

Name:
    sue
    think i'd sooner stick to my dogs lol:grin:
  16. Jessie

Jessie New Member

Name:
    Jessie
    Sutty, if the breed founder has been reading the thread,
    do you think she would mind kindly taking the time to answer the genuine questions that have been posted but not yet answered?

I dont know if she'd want to trawl through all 30 odd pages, numbering the questions, but if maybe she could post her mission statement? Telling us about her intentions, aspirations and vision for the breed?

And breeders too if you like, after all, we're all trying to acheive something :)

It would be of great help to clear up alot of this mess, and i, for one would be very grateful.
  17. sutty

sutty New Member

Name:
    sue
    jesse i will ask her if she will write a statement:grin:
  18. Meg

Meg Global Moderator

Name:
    Meg
    How do we know this person is the genuine founder of the breed? There are even conflicting accounts of how the breed started among breed owners themselves?

I would be reluctant to take the word of a third party, there is information on the internet about those who founded the breed, reading this would I think give a more balanced view..
  19. Ripsnorterthe2nd

Name:
    Emma
    How do you know what's written on the internet is even correct? I would say the internet is just as bad if not a worse source of information.

I could quite easily go on to the internet and say "I founded the NI blah blah blah......" as could any old Tom, Dick or Harry! ;-)
  20. Meg

Meg Global Moderator

Name:
    Meg
    Don't take the word of one person, ask many ;-) the information is there if you know who to ask and where to look ....
  21. Ripsnorterthe2nd

Name:
    Emma
    I already have and still am, but i certainly don't believe eveything posted on the internet no matter how many people it's written by!;-)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.