Utonagans and Northern Inuits ????? Purpose ! Discussions

Discussion in 'Utonagan' started by Malady, Oct 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zoundz

Zoundz New Member

Name:
    Laura
    except that they pretty much proved that the dog is not 'hypoallergenic' did they not? as allergies generally have not a whit to do with the hair, but the dander...? that's what I thought anyway.

I honestly doubt I'd have a go at a blind person who had a seeing dog, that happened to be a labradoodle... and I may not have a problem with a breding program from the GDBA, as long as tests were done properly of course. However I do have a problem with people spinning them out for public demand... and also the same goes for the many hundreds of purposeful crossbreeds - like porkypoos, and schnozzledors and obbledoggles... ok i made those up - but you know what I mean! :D :lol:

xx
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. ramoth

ramoth New Member

Name:
    Sarah
    Ok definately off topic.................................

Don't you lot ever go to bed :roll: :lol: :lol:

Good night, sweet dreams and whatever darling mutt you have give them a hug!!
  4. Zoundz

Zoundz New Member

Name:
    Laura
    eeeeurgh! nooo! I'm not hugging that smelly old noggin! ;) :p

I love him really!

And I do go to bed - just sometimes I get absorbed in conversation - I'm a lonely old mare with no life see! ;)

xx
  5. Ripsnorterthe2nd

Ripsnorterthe2nd New Member

Name:
    Emma
    Some are hypoallergenic (poodle type coat), some aren't, all litters vary. :grin:

So can you see that through the breeding of Labradoodles some people have benefitted?

Yes some breeders churn them out for profit, but many don't which can be said for all breeds be they new or old. Which is kinda my point when it comes to the NI.

You only ever see bad about the Ni/Ute on the internet because that is what people find more interesting and will therefore be at the top of hit lists on search engines.

I know otherwise, with being interested in owning one. Believe me if I thought they were suspect I'd run a mile. :lol:
  6. Zoundz

Zoundz New Member

Name:
    Laura
    Well - as I've said before in past threads, I know a lot more about NI's than just crops up on search engines, but I am not at liberty to post about this in public. Also - I don't want this thread to degenerate! I love the way it is :) if you want to discuss - then please feel free to catch me on MSN! :)

group hug all! :D

xx
  7. Zoundz

Zoundz New Member

Name:
    Laura
    right - food and film - i'll be back later :) though i expect by then you'll all have gone! :roll: typical! :p

xx
  8. Ripsnorterthe2nd

Name:
    Emma
    PM with yours then please, although I may not be able to converse regularly as I'm in the middle of a 70 hour week and am studying for my finals also.
  9. Malady

Malady

Name:
    T
    I don't like talking about myself on an Intro, so if you would like to know anything about me, ask. You all certainly have a tongue in your head to defend your breed, yet you can't seem to muster up a question for me ??

The NI was born from 2 sled dogs' and the GSD which is NOT Working group and the Utonagan is born from many other breeds, some of which are also NOT working !

If you cross 2 breeds from 2 different groups, which group should they be in ??? The NI and Ute are no different. It seems to me the Societies for these breeds just want to stick whatever label they want on them regardless of how appropriate. Shame we can't all do that :roll:

These dogs were bred to be a 'Pet' with a certain 'look', so how does that constitute a 'Working' dog ???

As for going out to the pub and 'leaving these guys alone' :roll: I have merely asked questions of a breed, that would be the normal kind of questions to ask to a breed club, breeder, or owner of a breed you were curious about ! People stop and ask me about mine all the time and I don't mind telling people what they were bred for etc.

Everyone becomes defensive about their own dog or own breed at some point, but so far I have been met with rudeness and rotten attitude from SOME people on here.

I have simply asked questions about soundness, health, standard etc etc what's wrong with that ;-)

By the way.....HI Ju, Sam, Mel, Char and possibly anyone else I've missed :grin:

T-R-M
  10. Scottish Mags

Scottish Mags

Name:
    Margaret NI Society
    Can we go home now [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It is boring now
  11. Malady

Malady

Name:
    T
    Just to add.......I have heard a lot of comments on here about owners of these breeds being sick of being looked down upon by others and becoming defensive for it.

Welcome to the dog world !!!

ALL breeds have this problem with other people. People often look at my dogs with disdain, yet others look at JRT with the same look and some shake their heads at Rotties, so don't think you're the only ones !

Whatever breed you have, purebred or crossbreed, you will encounter ridicule.
  12. Malady

Malady

Name:
    T
    No-one is stopping you :roll:
  13. Ripsnorterthe2nd

Name:
    Emma
    Perhaps try introducing yourself like suggested, rather than posting the above? After all why join such a forum if you don't want to join in and get to know others?:grin:
  14. Scottish Mags

Scottish Mags

Name:
    Margaret NI Society
    Malady ..posting 3 posts......What is your interests in therse two type of dogs anyway?
    You seem to know an auful lot about nothing and come across very rude .It isnt as if you wanted some infornation about the 2 breeds , is it?
    It's the word wolfy that gets you isnt it?
    No introduction, not saying what dogs you have, asking far too many questions to be genuinely interested in either breed
    Coming in at the last minute when you think we are all in bed ....only to start this up again in the morning
    I bid you goodnight and farewell on thus subject :evil:
  15. Scottish Mags

Scottish Mags

Name:
    Margaret NI Society
    You are sooo rude
  16. Malady

Malady

Name:
    T
    Actually YES I DID want information. If you cannot give any, why are you ridiculing me for asking/ Is it because you yourself don't know the answers. I have openly, fairly and honestly asked genuine questions about both breeds to be frequently met by people like you who do your own breeds no justice and quite frankly would be an embarassment.

:roll: I suggest you read ALL my posts.

I HAVE said what dogs I have which the public also refer to as 'Wolfy' so if that was my problem I wouldn't own the breed I have, now would I ?

Asking too many questions ??????
    Good god is there such a thing when someone wants to research a breed ??? How ridiculous.

As for coming in when you are all in bed, anyone who knows me is also aware that this is normal for ME and I did post earlier on when I had time from looking after my dogs and children

:roll:
  17. Zoundz

Zoundz New Member

Name:
    Laura
    I honestly don't think Malady came accross as rude :-? except perhaps in her retaliation to your equally rude post Scottish Mags. I'm sorry - but to say something is boring, is very very rude - in all fairness - if it's that boring - dont' read it! :roll:

xx
  18. Lucky Star

Lucky Star Member

Malady - why not introduce yourself and join in on some of the other posts - I'm sure your advice/insights/help would be helpful to others, which is what Dogsey is good at and you'd be most welcome. :grin:
  19. Ripsnorterthe2nd

Name:
    Emma
    Yeah why not introduce yourself?! :grin:

Dogsey's great fun! :grin:
  20. Kanikula

Kanikula New Member

Name:
    Sam
    well personally i think alL that has needed to be said has been said and its time to say Live and let live! aka tough sh*t they are here now and you cant do ought about it:lol:

besides ITS WAY TO LATE FOR THIS!!!:p
  21. Lucky Star

Lucky Star Member

:smt043 :smt043 :smt041 :smt041
    Yes but ... nah you're right, too late :lol: ;-)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.