[Belated] Happy Birthday Carole! General Chat

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Malka, Sep 22, 2023.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli

[Belated] Happy Birthday Carole!

[with apologies for being a day late]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FOR CAROLE 1.jpg

CAROLE'S BIRTHDAY HERE'S TO US.jpg

with much love from both of us

today for carole.png

xxx
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Malka likes this.
    Thank you Juli - I've caught you up again!
    Long may it continue. xxx
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I'm sorry I was late - the hard drive on my computer packed up last week, and when Effi installed a new one and re-installed my programs, he somehow got my Firefox stuff from way back on a previous computer when I was using Windows 7 and nothing since. So my bookmarks and everything is dated up to 2015 and everything else went.

But it proves one thing - we are never too old to remember, learn, and do what seems impossible, although it wasn't until today that I realised all I had to do was check back on my posts here on Breedia to find your birthday, which I knew was around this time!

I hope all is well with you and Tally. xxx
  5. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    CaroleC and Malka like this.
    Happy belated birthday from me too Carole. Hope you had a good day x
  6. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Thank you old friends. xx

Tally gave me an awful shock a few weeks ago. She collapsed while out for a walk with her dog walker. Apparently just stopped, looked at the ground and fell over. Her walker was on a rural track and couldn't lift her, so phoned me. As I still have mobility problems I drove, (an automatic these days), to the nearest point and 'jogged' to meet them. However, before I got there, I saw a group of walkers coming towards me - with one man carrying my dog - which he did back to the car. No mean task as she was 16k at that time. By this time she appeared to be normal.
    I rushed her to our vets. The duty vets were Tally's usual vets, but both were operating. She was given a preliminary check by a senior vet nurse, who could find nothing amiss. By this time Katy vet had finished her op and took Tally from me. She had a thorough check, heart & lungs, pulse points, (weaker in her hind legs, but doesn't stop her galloping), and ultrasound scan of her chest and abdomen. Apart from the couple of lipomas that we are watching, everything was normal and nothing like this has happened since. Katy asked if she could have picked something up. I said, 'She's a Beagle, it must be possible'.
    There has been a case recently when a former Police Dog handler's dog had a similar attack after sniffing a suspected drug package on the same route.
    Tally's dog walker, who was one of Eddie's trainers, has Border Collies and said Tally looked like a dog that was about to go into a fit - but didn't progress any further.
    A Cheshire dog walking group - within 20 miles away - have reported similar episodes in their area.
    This event remains a mystery, but as nothing unusual has happened since then, her walker has now regained her confidence, and I have managed to get 1.5k of weight off her. Fingers crossed.
  7. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    Happy birthday Carole!!! I hope that what happened with Tally is a one off and doesn’t happen again.
  8. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    @Malka, I’m happy to see your post!!!
  9. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Thank you Marc. xx
  10. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Thank you Marc - and although I know you don't celebrate it, may I wish you a belated Shana Tova - Happy New Year.
  11. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Member

Name:
    Toed
    CaroleC likes this.
    Happy birthday @CaroleC !!!

Poor Tally! I hope it was just Punx giving her the idea to have you prove your love by spending loads of money on her...

@Malka glad to see you posting and I hope all is well with you outside of your computer issues...
  12. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    CaroleC likes this.
    Oh poor Tally. Very strange, but hopefully just one off