Siberian Husky off lead walking??? Controversial

Discussion in 'Siberian Husky' started by Zuba, Jul 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MickB

MickB New Member

Name:
    Mick
    Helping Hounds - Try to find one Siberian Husky organisation anywhere in the world which advocates letting Huskies off lead. You won't be able to do it because they don't exist.

Just found a quote from the Siberian HUsky Club of America which sums the whole thing up for me:
    “Of all the shortcomings to be found in Siberians, the most dangerous to the pet owner is their tremendous desire to RUN. But the very first dash that a puppy makes across the road could be his last run, anywhere. A Siberian, for his own protection, should be kept confined or under control at all times. If you are one of those people who think it is cruel to kennel a dog, or keep him confined in his own backyard . . . don't buy a Siberian.
    We just happen to believe that any dog is better off in a proper kennel than running loose all over the countryside. Yes, a kennel dog is missing a lot in life: the chance to be hit by a car; the fun of being dirty, full of burrs, and loaded with worms; the opportunity of being attacked by other dogs; the joy of being sick on garbage infested with disease; the pleasure of being tormented by mean kids; the thrill of being shot in a farmyard; and finally the great comfort of never knowing where he belongs or how to behave. “
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. mozzy

mozzy New Member

Name:
    Queenie
    Not from what I've read.
    I don't disagree with Huskies being off lead in a secure enclosed area, and if those want to have them off lead regardless of where they are - who am I to argue?
    But the difference is I can and do respect others personal opinons, and I can do it without using some of the language as you've just used in your previous posts.
    I think the phrase 'wooden spoon' comes to mind when reading your stuff...
  4. rosegallagher

rosegallagher New Member

Name:
    rose
    I am a member of a SHWA & never let my sibes off leash , you just cannot trust them , but my collie goes off leash as she stays with us & has a good recall!!. I am not going to risk my dogs lives just so they can get an offleash run , rather run them in harness a couple times a week & walk with extension leads . my dogs seem perfectly happy with the exercise they are getting .
  5. mozzy

mozzy New Member

Name:
    Queenie
    So 'Helping Hounds' is also an 'expert' on Huskies - have you got some published evidence etc for me to go and research into this? Or is this just your personal opinion?
  6. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Your way of posting seems typical of a certain "rescue" site! They speak to people like this when somebody disagrees with them.
  7. Alphatest

Alphatest Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    A number of accounts posting in this thread have triggered our security system as posting from the same IP.

If you are sharing someone elses computer please PM me with a reasonable explanation as to why, otherwise we will be naming the accounts in this thread so people can make up their own minds.
  8. spot

spot New Member

Dawn come on! HH cannot be held up as a representative of every member of a forum however he/she posts. Imagine how members on here would feel if for example everyone thought I representated all the members on here with my views! (Im a fool remember!). Im sure not everyone on any forum all post in the same way!

Its also way off topic and not good form to attack other forums.;-)
  9. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Now now Spot be fair, I didnt attack any forum, nor did I name it, the very fact you appear to know the one I am speaking of, just goes to show Im right. :lol: It was a general observation, one I was privvy to some time back and was treated the same there myself, very much in this manner.
    Dawn,

You might be a fool, but I am a prize pratt most of the time!:mrgreen:
  10. spot

spot New Member

No I dont know which one mate but considering it was a rescue forum and some of the members were aware that you have no problem with bolt gunning dogs, culling litters of puppies etc may have cause some upset possibly?;-)

Im afraid pretty much the same could be said of here as well.

But once again we digress tut tut!:lol:
  11. grindys

grindys

Name:
    hmmmmmmmm
    That would be very interesting :lol: all the pro'ers posting on here can be accounted for in the sibe world!
  12. Bluesandtwos

Bluesandtwos New Member

Name:
    LYN
    fail to see what this post has to do with the thread :?:
    could be construed as trolling!:!:
  13. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Thats unfair, I never said I didnt have a problem with it did I? I said I didnt consider it inhumane and it isnt illegal, and if you read the culling thread, you will see I said I couldnt of done it myself! Youre not playing fair Spot!
    And those highlighted areas say to me you DO know which one, otherwise how would you know which members??!
  14. Bluesandtwos

Bluesandtwos New Member

Name:
    LYN
    this is true!, I for one certainly know who and where most of the sibe folk on here are at, and they not all sat by my computer. you cant hide in the Husky world 8)
  15. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Spot is dragging up old threads for some reason, I dont know why she feels the need to do it? I really couldnt give a monkeys, but on this occasion, i do feel she is being a bit OTT!
  16. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Name and shame, I say!
  17. Bluesandtwos

Bluesandtwos New Member

Name:
    LYN
    Generally the last resort actions of someone loosing a battle IMO......sour grapes :lol:
  18. spot

spot New Member

Dawn not only are we fools and prats we're trolls:lol: Sorry B&T its a habit of ours to go OT.:blush: :blush:
  19. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    It is and I agree, but you were unfair in dragging old threads up for no reason, if you'd like to, Id be happy to accommodate ;-) :grin:
  20. spot

spot New Member

Sorry Dawn was just trying to explain why you may have had a bad reaction on a rescue site - which you did bring into this thread in the first place.
  21. Bluesandtwos

Bluesandtwos New Member

Name:
    LYN
    now now peeps, lets try to keep it on track and not let it descend into a tit-for-tat go at rescue societies. 8)

cant help but notice there is a notable absence of some of the loudest contributers here since Admin gave the I.P warning :shock:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.