What is the weather like there? General Chat

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Azz, Mar 3, 2014.

1. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Dry but really cold, having Panhaggerty for dinner great for a cold winters night yum yum
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Sue Staffy

Sue Staffy New Member

Name:
    Sue
    We got snow. Its been snowing since yesterday evening.
  4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    We had a covering of snow. Mostly gone now.
  5. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    CaroleC likes this.
    The weather has take a turn for the better ... finally! I managed to get the car onto the road and do some shopping on Friday. The top road leading from the village was still covered with snow but once we'd dropped down into the valley hardly any snow on the fields.

This morning had planned to drive to the hypermarket to do a super shop, but overslept because Madam woke me up at 4am asking to go out. I don't think she actually needed a pee but was using it as an excuse to bark at the fox in the woods across the road. She didn't stay out long but then I couldn't get back to sleep for quite some time and of course didn't wake up till after 8 am. Looking out of the front door the road was shrouded in fog and that usually means it'll be worse the nearer you get to the city, so decided to change my mind and go on Tuesday instead.

I'm also hoping if the weather keeps on improving we'll be able to go back to training next Sunday which will be great and more importantly try to book my scruffy lad into the groomer. He's looking more like a sheepdog than a Schnauzer! And whilst I'm about it I'll arrange for Madam to have a bath 'cos her undercarriage is brown!
  6. Andrew Sheldon

Andrew Sheldon Member

Name:
    Andrew
    Tootsy was out in the sun most of the day...Gave her left over roast dinner for breakfast which she ate but she found a load of raw chicken somewhere around our hamlet. She proudly paraded her find round the garden before hiding it. I'm still not sure where she gets all this raw food from, we only have three neighbours and none of them have owned up. The upshot is that Tootsy has a bit of a big round belly...not like Toots at all..
    PM...overcast and a bit chilly...Still getting frosts but the sun warms up things nicely during the day.....Roll on spring...
  7. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Tootsie's raw 'finds' are very puzzling aren't they? It must be a bit annoying if you can't control how much she eats, and a bit worrying in case they lie around and may not be fresh enough.
    I wonder if someone has taken a liking to her, and is trying to win her over with these gifts. A little mystery whatever.
  8. Andrew Sheldon

Andrew Sheldon Member

Name:
    Andrew
    You are always right Carol the food thing is a bit of a mystery. We have the farmer who lives at the top of the hamlet and is probably the only person who has access to raw meats but Tootsy isn't allowed to go up there and I don't think she does. Tootsy is one independent young lady and yes it can be kind of annoying in that you cant have full control of my dogs diet and the added dangers....
    Sorry about the Tina thing, I was very upset with the news of her illness... Tina was very cruel to do what she did, but I don't think she is very well either...hmmm...
  9. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Weird weather. The last few days have been lovely and sunny and warm out [still freezing indoors] until the sun vanishes from out horizon and the moshav being flat with the apartment blocks in town blocking the sun here earlier than there, then it gets not-so-warm. But the last for three nights it has rained some time during the night as the concrete patio outside my door is still wet when Tikva goes out for her "wake-up-and-let-me-out-I-gotta-pee".

Just outside the door as the dainty little thing does not like her ickle feeties getting wet.

Same this morning. Went out, did a humongous pee, shot in and poo'd on a puppy pad.

Not being in a state to get up then, it was back to her crate for Tikki [wivva 'nother ickle bikie, bed for me, and another hour or more zonk for both of us. By which time the sun was streaming and everything was dry.
  10. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    70°+ these last few days for highs. I can feel spring coming (or global warming)!
  11. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Sun has now gone and it is raining again. Buggrit - I need to the macolet but cannot while it is raining.
  12. Andrew Sheldon

Andrew Sheldon Member

Name:
    Andrew
    Its blowing a hoolie outside today..Last night the wind howled around our cottage and blew my chimney pot off..lol.. twas a bit old and gonky..I guess I have got to get up the ladder quite soon to fix de problem..
    Tootsy hates the wind... I think its the fluffy bits at the end of her ears catch in the breeze, her little face all screws up and she asks to come back in asap.
    Certainly not cold out though...I guess the wind is a kind of pay off for the warmer weather...
    The bulbs are all popping up around the garden, just gotta hope the ducks geese n chicken don't nibble them..

This is Princess my goose last spring having a bath....

P1010028 (2).JPG
  13. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Still cold and windy here. We have sunlight, but there is no heat in it.
    @mjfromga Re. Global warming. I was moved to look up an 18th. Century rhyme describing of the months of the year.

Snowy, Flowy, Blowy,
    Showery, Flowery, Bowery,
    Hoppy, Croppy, Droppy,
    Breezy, Sneezy, Freezy.

George Ellis, alias Sir Gregory Gander. 1753 - 1815.

Not a lot seems to have changed.
  14. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Its been like a beautiful warm sunny spring day here, saw lots of Daffs, in bloom on our walk.
  15. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    Wet. Cold. Miserable. Horrid. Ugh.

When I start complaining about the heat, will someone please remind me that we do actually have days like this.

Ta muchly.
  16. Sue Staffy

Sue Staffy New Member

Name:
    Sue
    Its been lovely here today, bit chilly but the sun has been out which makes a change.
  17. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Same as yesterday.

Wet. Cold. Miserable. Horrid. Ugh.

Buggrit.
  18. Sue Staffy

Sue Staffy New Member

Name:
    Sue
    Rain, rain and more rain. Did see the sun for a few moments but it disappeared very quickly lol
  19. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Just gone 10pm and it is bucketing down. Much heavier than the rain during the day, and with no gutters and downpipes, or insulation, the noise of the rain hitting the roof is horrid, plus it all gushing down off the roof onto the concrete patio and path.

Last evening this time we had a thunderstorm - now it is [so far] just bucketing down but no thunder [so far] and although the thunder does not bother the little booga she will not go outside when the rain is so heavy. Little horror of a booga.

Free to anyone prepared to pay her fare from here!
  20. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    It has finally stopped the on and off [more on than off] raining and something like this

has appeared.[​IMG]
  21. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Its been gorgeous here last few days, but its dull so far, hoping the sun pops out.
    Just watching a Robin collecting dog hair for its nest .