The journey of Cash - my Hovawart Photos

Discussion in 'Hovawart' started by Dogloverlou, Mar 16, 2014.

1. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Which WT club did you decide to train with?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou Member

Name:
    Louise
    CaroleC likes this.
    It's not an actual WT dedicated club, they just run classes alongside their normal classes :) They're called Dogzaloud. I have more 1:1's than anything at the moment.
  4. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou Member

Name:
    Louise
    Meeting a handler next weekend so fingers crossed Cash likes her and vice versa. Meeting at a show though so a bit nervous he will play up again :(
  5. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Im sure he will be fine, is it a professional handler .
  6. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    i`m sure he will be fine, look at this way, if he is then you can allow someone to show himfor a while, if he is`nt then at least you know its not you.

If the handler knows what she is doing she will know and act accordingly with him.

Fingers crossed he is Ok !
  7. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou Member

Name:
    Louise
    Yes, the handler seems confident he will be ok once she gets hold of him. She shows predominately Rottweiler's and says she is very much used to bolshy young males! So that's something. At training he always hangs off the trainers words...or anyone else for that matter who is offering treats, so I'm hopeful he'll find the handler all new & exciting and be concentrating on her.
  8. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Will have fingers crossed for you. Is she actually showing him next weekend, or just giving him a try out? Do keep us posted.
  9. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou Member

Name:
    Louise
    She's only meeting him Carole to see how they both get on :)
  10. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou Member

Name:
    Louise
    6JRT's and CaroleC like this.
    Well meeting with the handler this morning went really well! :) So relieved! She came over, got him out of the boot, walked him right past all the dogs milling about and then did some practice runs with him having other dogs/handlers approach, circle them, face each other etc. Cash was as good as gold! She really got the best out of him in such a short space of time. So the hope is for her to show him at the National show in May.
  11. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    That is a brilliant result! I am so pleased for you Lou. Would that be Nat. Working and Pastoral? I'm usually at that one.
    I always think that you see your own dog with new eyes when someone else is handling.
  12. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Brilliant news.....
  13. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou Member

Name:
    Louise
    Birmingham National yesterday and Cash got a 1st in Open Dog & a Reserve Best Dog!!

So proud of him! Our best results yet :)
  14. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Congratulations Lou, I'm so thrilled for you. Also rather annoyed with myself as I was there with the Bouv folk, and never thought to look for him!
    Please accept a virtual Cheer.
  15. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    [​IMG]

To Lou and gorgeous Cash! :038:
  16. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Lou, I have just had a look at your breed results and I'm mystified. The Best Dog is given as No. 2709, which was the 2nd in Limit D/B to the BOB winner, but only came 3rd in the Open D class, which Cash won.
    I can only presume that this is a misprint, or someone was wearing the wrong number!
  17. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou Member

Name:
    Louise
    Thank you Carole. There is always next time :)

I'm afraid I don't really understand it either. I thought it was any unbeaten dog that went forward to 'best dog/bitch'.
  18. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    My best guess is that the Best Dog handler must have been wearing the correct number, 2709, in the Limit class. Although he came 2nd, he was only beaten by the bitch BOB, so can still challenge for Best Dog. I presume that the same handler must have come 3rd with a different dog in the Open Dog class, but had neglected to change their ring number.
    A nice win for you nevertheless, and a SB number if you didn't already have one. I hope you took a photo, (hint, hint).
  19. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Fabulous news, well done, you did much better then us.....we had a crap day !!
  20. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou Member

Name:
    Louise
    Ah, that makes more sense. His two owners took turns in handling him & their other dog. And as he came 2nd to the BOB he was an unbeaten male dog in that sense although he was still 3rd in Open Dog.
    No SB number though. Non CC breed still. I didn't get any pictures myself, but someone might have so if and when they upload them I'll post it here :)

Sorry to hear that Jackie :(
  21. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Confusing. If the 3rd in OD was the SAME dog - he shouldn't have been in the challenge at all.
    Brm. Nat. stewards are usually very good, it's hard to believe that the judging slips were wrong, so perhaps it is a Higham error. It is embarrassing to ask for clarification after the event though.