Alaskan Malamute Registration Questions

Discussion in 'Alaskan Malamute' started by BostonBD24, Jul 24, 2015.

1. BostonBD24

BostonBD24 New Member

Name:
    Boston

Alaskan Malamute Registration

I recently purchased a Malamute from a breeder. When I purchased him, the breeder told me she did not believe in using the pedigree of a dog to make money, so she did not get him registered as a puppy. Ace is becoming such a well trained beauty that I would like to start showing him. Do you know of any way to get papers for a dog in this situation?

Thanks for the help,
    Boston IMG_2040.jpg
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    ONLY the breeder can register puppies from a litter so unfortunately no YOU cant get him registered .......... you CAN register him on the "activity " register ( this does not require registration documents, but if you are want to show him, then sadly unless your breeder can come up with papers and register the litter, then the answer you are looking for is NO , there is no way you can gat papers.

The breeder is another subject altogether, as my guess is the lien he spun you is total fabrication, the reason he probably did not register this litter is because one or both of the parents of your boy are not registered either.
  4. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    LMost likes this.
    Do you have your dogs pedigree name, along with the sire or dams name, if you do then you can look on the KC website to clarify parentage , if they are registered .
  5. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    LMost likes this.
    You could show your dog at local Companion Dog Shows where registration is not required. These are on an 'enter on the day' basis, have very relaxed rules, and are just intended for fun. Pet trainers often know when these are being held, or just look out for adverts in your area
    I agree with Jackie, is it highly unlikely that you will be able to sort out your dog's paperwork at this stage. The Kennel Club will probably give you the option of registration on the Activity Register, (Intended for Agility, Obedience, Working Trials etc.), or the Companion Dog register, which is a pretty certificate to have, but is useless for participating at licensed shows.
    I'm sorry, this sounds like a 'quick buck' breeder.