Cobbadogs - new name for labradoodles Controversial

Discussion in 'Crossbreeds Forum' started by crestnut, Apr 26, 2012.

1. crestnut

crestnut New Member

Name:
    lynda

Cobbadogs - new name for labradoodles

I see the founbder of Australian Labradoodles who imo is nothing more than a puppyfarmer has decided to change their name to Cobbadogs. Interesting reading here about it all. Wonder ewhat the UK owners think of it, especially the ones who spent thousands importing from Rutland Manor.
    http://stoprutlandmanor.wordpress.com/2012/03/03/cobbadobbadoodles/
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    Look up what some say cobba means ...
  4. ClaireandDaisy

ClaireandDaisy New Member

Name:
    Claire
    Going on the `doodles` I`ve met.. or rather, the ones who have belted past me with owners in hopeless pursuit - `Madbasket Dogs` would be more apt.
  5. DoKhyi

DoKhyi New Member

Name:
    DoKhyi
    If you are daft enough to spends thousands importing mongrels you could breed/buy here, you deserve to learn a hard lesson about a fool and their money.
  6. Westie_N

Westie_N New Member

Name:
    Nicola
    I'm with you! :lol:
  7. Lulusmum

Lulusmum New Member

Name:
    Jules
    How true that is. My sister said to me one day - 'I've been to see a litter of Labradoodles and I am thinking of getting one'
    Me: oh how much?
    Sister: £700
    Me: Why on earth would you pay that much for a mongrel
    Sister: Oh the owner told me that the KC will be recognising them this year (2011)!
    Just proves that there is one born every minute and of course she is the only 'doodle' owner to have the one that moults..:lol:
  8. malwhit

malwhit New Member

Name:
    Malcolm
    It depends on the dogs and their owners - I have found mine easier to train and mores responsive than most of the dogs I have owned before. Mine are not perfect and have their "moments" but they are no worse than the most of dogs (and a lot better than some!)
    I think sometimes people buy dogs without thinking and have no idea how to train them, I have even seen out of control Cavaliers and they must be one of the easiest dogs to train.
    I would never spend £1000s on a dog - so far I have not spent over £400 (on a Mini Schnauzer, 10 years ago) but baulk at the idea of spending £700-£800 for one nowadays!
  9. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    I meet a couple of labradoodles on the dog walk, and they are perfectly well behaved. Very playful and love playing with my Standard Poodle, but responsive when they are called.

Same with the cockapoos really - they all seem to have an very high energy level but none of them are a problem at coming when called.