Because my own 5 weren't enough lol Rescue

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Faustino, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Faustino likes this.
    Oh yes!

What is the process in getting some of these rehomed, to say the UK?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Faustino

Faustino Member

Name:
    Ken Shounta
    Azz likes this.
    We have contacts with groups in Luxembourg, Germany and Switzerland where there aren't huge pet over-populations...UK we don't do anything. We've got a couple flying to Germany this afternoon, they'll be met at the airport, fostered and, voila, re-homed. I'll get photos of the two most recent success cases today if they're still there!
  4. Faustino

Faustino Member

Name:
    Ken Shounta
    Azz likes this.
    Freshly bathed for their flight to Germany, White Walker, and a Galgo who I didn't get round to naming. Also, a few other pix of some random inmates, including an escape artist Spanish mastiff girl who came in yesterday IMG_3149.JPG IMG_3150.JPG IMG_3155.JPG IMG_3162.JPG IMG_3167.JPG
  5. Faustino

Faustino Member

Name:
    Ken Shounta
    The white dude, Ronaldo is about 5 and the other fellow is 3-ish. Perfect ages for you, I reckon;) Just a car drive away:)
  6. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Faustino likes this.
    Aww I wish - I think 80KG is too big for me. I said I would downsize after Rocky, who was about 42KG :lol:

Tell me more about the bull-infused Shepherd :043:
  7. Faustino

Faustino Member

Name:
    Ken Shounta
    Azz likes this.
    42 kg is said to be the perfect weight for the heavy holding dogs. Still plenty of endurance to go with their power. I saw some Alanos last year who all weighed in around that and they were majestic beasts. Also, Dogos at that weight are a sight to behold...Did you do a lot of conditioning with Rocky?...I'll have a look at old threads later:cool:

:D :eek: For the bull-infused shepherd. Sounds nasty that, eh?o_O:D
  8. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Faustino likes this.
    I just watched his diet (for the most part) and we had long walks up the mountain. However I think he did get overweight at one point - tho at the time I thought he was just filling out.

Got any more pics of the bull shepherd? Any more details about him or his back story? What type of shepherd & bull is in his make-up do you think?
  9. katygeorge

katygeorge Member

Name:
    katy
    Faustino likes this.
    could you be finally be taking the plunge azz?
  10. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Faustino likes this.
    Probably not yet tbh Katy... but I never say never and have a habit of doing things spontaneously :lol:
  11. Faustino

Faustino Member

Name:
    Ken Shounta
    Malka and Azz like this.
    We don't know anything about him except he seemed to be a Malinois type of shepherd with a real EBT look about him (both me and the missus thought this independently of each other although maybe the photos don't capture it too well). Super-cool and very young fellow we found a home for very quickly
    IMG_3135.JPG IMG_3134.JPG

ETA Did some adding up today and discovered we've rehomed 160 dogs in 5 months so far this year!
  12. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Faustino likes this.
    Lovely looking dog - and well done on rehoming so many in so little time :023:
  13. katygeorge

katygeorge Member

Name:
    katy
    Faustino likes this.
    Wow so many rehomes. Thats amazing
  14. Faustino

Faustino Member

Name:
    Ken Shounta
    Thanks guys! The lady who is in control has great contacts who take up to 50 at a time...and they add up over the months. Looking forward to continuing to break our records year after year!
  15. Faustino

Faustino Member

Name:
    Ken Shounta
  16. Faustino

Faustino Member

Name:
    Ken Shounta
    Azz and Meg like this.
    It's not all about the dogs IMG_3252.JPG
    Some storks on the church
    IMG_3239.JPG
    Although a post wouldn't be complete without at at least one dog and here he is, our latest beautiful inmate
    IMG_3255.JPG
  17. Meg

Meg Global Moderator

Name:
    Meg
    Faustino likes this.
    Looks like you have your hands full there Ken :)
  18. Faustino

Faustino Member

Name:
    Ken Shounta
    Yep! And it's seriously the best thing I've done in a long time. Had today off from the centre as work is so busy...and just didn't seem right not seeing my chums:( No worries, I'll catch up with them all tomorrow:cool:
  19. Faustino

Faustino Member

Name:
    Ken Shounta
    Azz likes this.
    Becoming a computer wizard with this project:) Just cobbled a few scenes together of the dogs at the centre, the various landscapes and villages, and my own dogs on a video. Hope you enjoy;)
  20. Faustino

Faustino Member

Name:
    Ken Shounta
    Azz likes this.
    New chap came in yesterday, a Mastín pup (maybe a cross as he isn't overburdened in the jowls department). So confident, happy and forward, I'm even thinking of bringing the mother-in-law out to live so I- I mean she- can have this fella;) IMG_3287.JPG
    And delighted to see the 72-84 hours pass after this numpty ate his tick collar. Very close to death he was for a while but now he's back to his outgoing best, having hopefully made a full recovery IMG_3295.JPG And one of my own spoilt fellas, just finishing up his 6 mile run on the mountain (his prey drive is immense so I keep him on the lead at all times) IMG_3279.JPG
  21. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Stunning dogs Ken - really enjoying seeing all the photos (and vids!) :023: