Jack Russell - cross or not General Chat

Discussion in 'Jack Russell Terrier' started by Trixiesmummy, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Trixiesmummy

Trixiesmummy New Member

Name:
    Kirsty

Jack Russell - cross or not

I got my puppy from a family friend and both parents are jacks. Mum a smooth haired and dad rough, no papers as not registered and are just pets! My girl is mostly brown, so was wondering if maybe there's another breed in the line somewhere.
    I'm not sure how to post pics... But this is what she looks like:

What do you think?
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2012
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. BlueFrog

BlueFrog New Member

Name:
    Arend
    Looks great! I see what you are saying looks like there could be something else in there. Jack Russells normally have solid bold colours. Less so with the long or rough haired ones. She looks nice.
  4. TrishB

TrishB New Member

Name:
    Trish
    2012-12-07 11.54.13.jpg 2012-12-07 11.54.13.jpg Hi to all JR groupies. My lovely Jack is the offspring of two unregistered Jacks. As you can see my Jack is a stocky little guy and people are forever telling me he's a crossbreed but his dame was also short legged. My vet explained to me that the world is made up of Sean Penns and Danny deVitos and I'll stick to that. I don't care, anyway. He's a brilliant addition to the family, so busy all day, running around and doing things for me. This is him bringing me the leash for our Lab. Seriously, though. Do Jacks come in different sizes?
  5. Trouble

Trouble Member

Name:
    shirley
    Tessabelle likes this.
    There's jack russells- little legs and unregistered and parson russells - longer legs and recognised by the kennel club.. Yours looks like a classic jack Russell so dunno why people say he's a cross. Lovely little dog.
  6. TrishB

TrishB New Member

Name:
    Trish
    Thank you! I've always had dogs - all medium and large and swore I'd never take a small terrier. But this guy has found a way into my heart like no other. They're brilliant, smart, loving, funny dogs and my Jack is one of the best.
  7. Bitkin

Bitkin Member

Name:
    Sally
    Trish, I know exactly what you mean! We have always had medium sized collie x dogs before and have never considered terriers really. Four years ago we decided to have one more rescue dog, but because of advancing age etc. went for smaller and older! Jimmi was the result, and a sweeter more gentle natured dog we could not have wished for. Okay, he loathes cats and sheds hair constantly, plus he has health issues........but we adore him.
  8. TrishB

TrishB New Member

Name:
    Trish
    Azz likes this.
    Aha! Hair shedding. I even bought a I-robot thingy to pick up the hair and although it does help, the problem is awful. Does anyone have any advice apart from brushing ten times daily (doesn't help), feeding him butter or marg. (doesn't help but he loves it). Anyone? 1-DSCF5930.JPG
  9. Bitkin

Bitkin Member

Name:
    Sally
    Azz likes this.
    The good news is that Jimmi has recently stopped shedding.........the bad news is that he is now in full moult:eek: He really ought to be bald by now.
    I don't think that there is anything we can do about this to be honest, as it seems to be a Russell thing.