Is my beagle too big? a beagle-harrier? Questions

Discussion in 'Beagle' started by JFraser, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Meg

Meg Global Moderator

Name:
    Meg
    Hello Joel :) I would say your dog is not a Beagle , I would say he is most likely a Beagle cross or maybe a Foxhound cross .

You say he is a lovely dog so unless you are worried that you were misled by the breeder and paid the amount one would expect to pay for a pure bred Beagle I would just enjoy him :)
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. JFraser

JFraser New Member

Name:
    Joel
    Hmm okay, confusing!
    Do you want me to take a photo of the form we have for him? With his lineage thing?
  4. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    If you want to yes. Its possible but not probable the KC have made a mistake and he is registered.
  5. JFraser

JFraser New Member

Name:
    Joel
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

do all pedigrees have to be registered under the Kennel Club?
  6. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Please dont tell me thats a "dog lovers" registration? Its NOT a Kennel Club one Im sorry.
  7. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    I am afraid then paperwork is not that of the UK KC, I am also afraid to say, there s no way of knowing the information on your paperwork is genuine either.

It also explains why your dog does nt look like a Beagle, sadly I think you have been had, you don't have a KC registered Beagle, did you see your. Pup with his dam .?
  8. JFraser

JFraser New Member

Name:
    Joel
    No, this is called a 'Kennel Registration', not dog lover
  9. JFraser

JFraser New Member

Name:
    Joel
    we seen the dam, who was a normal beagle and a registered one
  10. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Never seen anything like it before, sorry. :017:
    Im wondering which "registration" it is? Can you telephone the breeder? They should be able to help you understand better, because in 25yrs of showing dogs, Ive not seen one of those.
  11. JFraser

JFraser New Member

Name:
    Joel
    we also have a cavalier king charles spaniel, which also came with exactly the same paperwork, and it has an official website and all http://www.kennelreg.co.uk/

Joel
  12. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    It's the same sort of thing, it's not the KC registration, and it has no official body,or data records to check up on. In otherwords, they can put any dogs name on it. And you have no records to check up on to see if said dogs on your paperwork are who the are supposed to be.
  13. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Found it!

http://www.kennelreg.co.uk/

Your dog is not Kennel Club registered. ANY so called pedigree dog can be given a number and registered.
  14. Meg

Meg Global Moderator

Name:
    Meg
    Hello Joel :) I am afraid anyone can print a bit of paper with the words Kennel Registration on the top and give it away when a puppy is sold. It is not proof of a pure bred dog..

This is a Kennel Club Registration Certificate stating that a pedigree has been complied from official records in other words the KC have the records for both the sire and dam of a dog of a particular breed going back for generations.

[​IMG]
  15. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Just replied. :grin:
  16. JFraser

JFraser New Member

Name:
    Joel
    oh i see!
    So does it look like his Father wasn't a beagle then?
  17. JFraser

JFraser New Member

Name:
    Joel
    how do you check the records? like you did to see if his mother was KC registered? just for further reference?
  18. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Yes sadly.

It all depends now on whether it matters to you, how much did you pay for him , we're you told by the breeder he was a pure bred, if som, trading standards might be your best bet.

Did you buy your other dog from the same breeder, coincerdence they are both registered with this club.
  19. JFraser

JFraser New Member

Name:
    Joel
    They told us he was pure bred, it does not really matter, he is still our dog :)

Might consider trading standards, and it wasn't the same breeder, and a few people we know who bought dogs had the same paperwork, it must be quite common.

could his father be a Harrier, foxhound?
  20. Meg

Meg Global Moderator

Name:
    Meg
    Joel I am not sure it is a matter for trading standards more a case of 'Buyer beware' . As with buying anything people are wise to do their homework first.
  21. JFraser

JFraser New Member

Name:
    Joel
    i see, should follow it up i suppose. He's at least sold a whole litter of Beagle crosses under false pretences