Old school GSD Questions

Discussion in 'German Shepherd Dog' started by Murf, Oct 12, 2012.

1. jeagibear

jeagibear Member

Name:
    bryan
    Thank you.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. jeagibear

jeagibear Member

Name:
    bryan
    Thank you.
  4. jeagibear

jeagibear Member

Name:
    bryan
    Thank you.
  5. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    Speaking to the foster mum is a good sign ...
    She will give feed back to the rescue ,,,
  6. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    I am sure with all your fantastic photos and stories about Jeager and Max, the rehoming people will see just what a dog lover - and perfect GSD owner you are.

Fingers crossed.
  7. Lynn

Lynn Member

Name:
    Lynn
    Everything crossed you are successful.
    You would be the ideal home for him.
  8. LupiLu

LupiLu New Member

Name:
    Susan
    Fingers crossed for you. Hope to hear good news very soon :grin:
  9. WhichPets

WhichPets New Member

Name:
    WhichPets
    Keeping my fingers crossed for you. Another GSD deserves a loving home with you!
  10. nickmcmechan

nickmcmechan New Member

Name:
    Nick
    Didn't realise this had turned in to a thread about Jeagi getting a dog, great news and best of luck with the rescue centre
  11. Northernsoulgirl

Northernsoulgirl New Member

Name:
    Gill
    I'm soooooo excited still.........and fingers crossed here for a good outcome for you both.xx
  12. jeagibear

jeagibear Member

Name:
    bryan
    What a weekend!!. I went everywhere with my mobile. Couldn't eat, just waiting. I stayed up till 9.30pm, still nothing. I got up sunday a liitle nervous and slightly angry, because of no call. I started to think of all the negatives, i suppose to protect myself, for a let down. What if this, what if that? I had convinced myself, "almost" that it didn't have to be this one, etc etc. Anyway, i didn't get the call!
    So i have decided to speak to my friend "The Lurcher lady" who has just moved to Cornwall, to take over a rescue home.(St Francis) I will tell her my situation. I have decided to definately get another GSD. It will be around Four to Five years old. A pet type like Jeager. I am goin to get a little bit of money behind me, just as a cushion, so i'm a bit more prepared. If i have to wait until next year, i will. When she has one. I can just go down on a friday, spend the weekend with the Dog, and make a proper decision, and Sue will just let me have him, whe i want!
    Ps. just a few thing about the one i enquired about.
    He is 5 years old. His name is Kahn. He is owned by a 25 year old who has just taken him to work every day with him. He just runs aroun on a 780 acre estate, chasing Deer, Foxes, Rabbits, and the occasional Sheep. His recall wasn't brilliant, but has already improved. The owner asked the Foster lady, to re home him. As he may be made reduntant. It may be that he wanted the Dog to have the same kind of life,i don't know!".
    So once again. Thank you all for your lovely kind support. You really are like a big family, on here!
    PPs. At least i am DEFINATELY gonna get another, though.
    I know that nothing can hurt as much as losing Jeager. So now i can handle another.

Sorry, and thank you!!
  13. jeagibear

jeagibear Member

Name:
    bryan
    Thank you Moobli
  14. jeagibear

jeagibear Member

Name:
    bryan
    Thank you lynn.
  15. jeagibear

jeagibear Member

Name:
    bryan
    Thank you lupilu.
  16. jeagibear

jeagibear Member

Name:
    bryan
    Thank you WP.
  17. jeagibear

jeagibear Member

Name:
    bryan
    Sorry nick :) and Thank you.
  18. jeagibear

jeagibear Member

Name:
    bryan
    Thank you Northern..
  19. LupiLu

LupiLu New Member

Name:
    Susan
    Oh Jeagi so sorry, it must have been a terrible weekend waiting on tenterhooks :-( . Is it possible though that you just haven't heard because it was the weekend (admin issues, decision makers not available etc?) I can't believe that even if they decided you weren't the right person that they would just ignore you and not let you know. Maybe you'll hear something today? Thinking of you.
  20. krlyr

krlyr

Name:
    Karly
    I remember being sooo eager for a callback when I enquired about Casper (they had to check with someone else that he hadn't been reserved as someone else had enquired) but these things do take time so I wouldn't rule him out completely. Perhaps give them until tomorrow (to allow for the weekend and passing any messages on today) and just give them a ring to see if there was any update.
  21. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    Oh what a horrid weekend for you Bryan, waiting on that call. There is nothing worse than waiting for something, only to be let down. As others have said, it could just be that the rescue don't make calls at the weekend, or that they are already inundated with calls to make - I wouldn't rule Kahn out completely just yet. However, try not to get stressed about it, and go with the flow :) What will be, will be :)

I am really pleased you have made the decision to get another shepherd though, and I am sure the right one will come along just at the right time - it seems to happen like that.