GSD movement in slow motion Videos

Discussion in 'German Shepherd Dog' started by Ben Mcfuzzylugs, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Ben Mcfuzzylugs

Ben Mcfuzzylugs

GSD movement in slow motion

Just randomly clicking links from the GSD herding vids and I found this

I am sorry to bring this argument up again but I just couldnt believe how bad things are in slow motion - really really sad
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2012
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. labradork

labradork New Member

Name:
    labradork
    How sad. No one can me that is functional; they look deformed.
  4. JoedeeUK

JoedeeUK Member

Name:
    Deejay
    What a pity you haven't found an Alsatian videoed in the same way there is a top winning US showline GSD somewhere & it makes that bitch look good

However you prefer the Alsatian type so you are hardly likely to search for a video to show really bad movement in the type you prefer

That bitch is a showline bitch being shown indoors in a tiny ring more suited to toy breeds

Like to bet she has good hips & elbows & a good temperament though but that is of little interest to you Alsatian type lovers is it
  5. jeagibear

jeagibear Member

Name:
    bryan
    I thought everybody knew! This is what we have been complaining about. But their Breeders and handlers cannot admit that it is Wrong! Very Sad.
  6. JoedeeUK

JoedeeUK Member

Name:
    Deejay
    None of the Alsatianists think their dogs move incorrectly either, but movement to them isn't important
  7. Ben Mcfuzzylugs

Ben Mcfuzzylugs

Where have you got the idea that I prefer 'Alsation' types?? I prefer dogs thats can stand up and walk properly. Yes I agree the US showlines look horrific, the german showlines look horrific, the overly long backed short legged Alsation types look horrific

and the argument that the ring is to small!! seriously - so GSD's should be unable to walk in a small area without dragging their toes on the floor and walking on their wobbly hocks??

What exactly to hip scores and tempraments have to do with that clip?? I havent said ever I prefer one show type over another - I think it is sad and horrific what we have done to the breed

I am glad that there seem to be some decent working types out there like Mooblies Zack who are fit and healthy, able to walk properly and have a good temprament - THAT is what I like in ANY breed of dog
  8. labaddicted91

labaddicted91 New Member

Name:
    witheld
    They look like sore triangles!
  9. jeagibear

jeagibear Member

Name:
    bryan
    It doesn't matter what size ring it is. If it COULD move properly, it WOULD! GOOD SCORES? What does that say, then??? Forget names. Just LOOK!!:? :? :-(
  10. JoedeeUK

JoedeeUK Member

Name:
    Deejay
    These should be more to your liking , please note lovely straight backs

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2012
  11. Ben Mcfuzzylugs

Ben Mcfuzzylugs

Nothing in this thread has mentioned the backs - it was talking about the back legs

and in your clips there are plenty dogs standing on their hocks

It is a typical response to people defending these bizzare frog dogs - either to bang on about their good hip scores, great tempraments or that they were stood funny, the dogs were young or other people are doing bad things too

None of these things are the point or the discussion

The clip shows very very bad movment in a dog, NO dogs hocks should be hitting the ground when it walks
    No dogs toes should be dragging on the floor when they walk
    No dogs hocks should be wobbling side to side as they walk

Yes there are other factors in breeding as well - but it is a fairly basic right that a dog should be able to walk properly
    Hock joints are not supposed to be on the floor when the dog is walking - they are not designed for that, the skin is not thik enough to support the friction on the ground or protect the joint - humans have evolved pads of fat and thicker skin on their hocks

Toes should not drag on the floor when walking - this will cause abrasions and pain

Hocks shouldnt wobble side to side
  12. Hali

Hali New Member

Name:
    Fiona
    It does look really horrible, but I've watched the video a number of times and would point out the following that applies to most of them (1) the dog is pulling on the lead and its gait seems at a completely different speed to its handler (I think this is what JoedeeUK means by ring too small?) (2) some of the surfaces at least are very slippery

I think if you put any dog on a slippery floor when it was trying to move faster than it was allowed to (i.e. being held back by the lead), the movement, particularly if slowed down, would look very odd.

Personally I'd want to see the dogs in the flesh, off lead and out in the open on a natural surface before saying that there definitely is something wrong.
  13. jeagibear

jeagibear Member

Name:
    bryan
  14. Helen

Helen

Name:
    Helen
    Looking at the first clip, and purely that, nothing else....it looks to me that the dog is twisting it's back legs, iyswim? Not sure what that means, but looking closely, it does look a bit odd.

and, no, I'm not an alsatianist, or tbh, not a massive fan of gsd's (there are exceptions of course ;))

Helen

Helen
  15. nickmcmechan

nickmcmechan New Member

Name:
    Nick
    does anyone have any good vids of gsds running off leash to compare good with bad?
  16. jeagibear

jeagibear Member

Name:
    bryan
    JOEDEEUK...I think, if you really can't See anything wrong with these poor Dogs.................. Then maybe, just Maybe.
    YOU SHOULD HAVE GONE TO SPECSAVERS!
  17. Ben Mcfuzzylugs

Ben Mcfuzzylugs

Struggling to find much of the show dogs off lead - and they all seem to run in the ring dragging the handler around
    Did find this poor girl tho
  18. jeagibear

jeagibear Member

Name:
    bryan
    Hi ya. I hope somebody has. But until then, just look at......
    Zak, Trent, Ranger, Arrow. etc, etc.
    Come on people. Show them what they should be like.
  19. jeagibear

jeagibear Member

Name:
    bryan
    JEEZE! Ben.. That was horrible.
    I couldn't even finish the 43 seconds. That could be the worse i have seen.
    Will anybody comment of defend that?
    Come on Joedee. What do yo think?
  20. nickmcmechan

nickmcmechan New Member

Name:
    Nick
    seen Zak in the flesh ;-)
  21. jeagibear

jeagibear Member

Name:
    bryan
    Nooo! I love him to bits. You are so lucky. Is he as beautiful as he looks on film?