What's a Malamute Wolf? General Chat

Discussion in 'Alaskan Malamute' started by Dobermann, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Dobermann

Dobermann New Member

Name:
    Natalie

What's a Malamute Wolf?

I met a lady in town with a lovely puppy. I thought he was a pale coloured Mal, maybe crossed with a bit of husky (dont know much about these breeds tbh) either way, I just thought he was lovely, but when I asked if he was a Mal/what he was, she said he's a Malamute Wolf :? Is that a specific cross? The full name, old style? I just thought there were Malamutes and nothing to do with Wolves or whatever :-? But she just kept saying he's a Malamute Wolf.

Just wondered if its something I have missed here? (otherwise a bit of a con..)
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Loki's mum

Loki's mum Member

Name:
    Gill
    She's been sold a pup! No such thing, probably a crossbreed that cost her brewsters.
  4. Dobermann

Dobermann New Member

Name:
    Natalie
    Thats what I thought, but you know when you get the feeling it wont make any difference anyway......so much so I doubted myself and thought I better ask on here! :lol: well you never know..
  5. Dobermann

Dobermann New Member

Name:
    Natalie
    I cant actually believe that people boast nowadays about how much they have paid for crossbreeds and mutts etc. I dont get it :-?
  6. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    Coco is part wolf dont you know ..
    The mini yorkshire kind ..
  7. Dobermann

Dobermann New Member

Name:
    Natalie
    Ive seen her videos it doesnt surprise me :lol:
  8. EmmiS

EmmiS New Member

Name:
    Emma Louise
    agree! esp when you could pop down to your local rescue and probably find the same cross for a far more reasonable price that won't go through some of the more annoying puppy stages!
  9. Dobermann

Dobermann New Member

Name:
    Natalie
    You can even get pups from rescues or accidental matings cheaper too. Can't believe anyone would be daft enough to boast about spending 900......like I heard someone recently!
  10. Jet&Copper

Jet&Copper

Name:
    Annette
    I met a lady recently who boasted spending a fortune on a super speshul rare breed all the way from (OMG) England! - a Cockerpoo :lol:

She was suitably unimpressed by my cheap, very muddy dogs!
  11. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    Some people call the gray and white shade of colouring on mals wolf gray and white, maybe they got muddled up?

Chances are though they got sold a cross under the impression it was a wolf hybrid . . .
  12. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    oh some people really do amaze me :roll: i dont understand how people can do that little research into getting a dog to know whether a dog is an actual breed or not.
  13. Dobermann

Dobermann New Member

Name:
    Natalie
    I think so cos it was more white with that warm colour you see huskies...
  14. JoedeeUK

JoedeeUK Member

Name:
    Deejay
    A friend of mine's hubby met a man exercising three dogs, a small terrier Xbreed, a GSD x Lab & errrrrrr a Wolf x Northern Inuit for which he paid £1500 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I told her to tell hubby if he saw him again to ask for his name & address & then report him to the police as a wolf x cannot be out in public & has to be kept in a locker enclosure

Obviously the dog wasn't a wolf cross, but either a CSV X NI or a Saarloos Wolfdog X NI

Some people have very vivid imaginations !!
  15. Loki's mum

Loki's mum Member

Name:
    Gill
    I've met someone with a designer wolfdog cross NI who insists their dog is a wolf hybrid and paid £1500 (he delights in telling people this...) The dog is the size of a donkey, much larger than any wolfdog I've ever seen.
  16. Sara

Sara New Member

Name:
    Sara
    Here, if someone said Malamute Wolf, it would actually be a Malamute Wolf Cross :) There are many wolf hybrids here
  17. Atlas

Atlas New Member

Name:
    Samantha
    A malamute wolf = a way for BYB to get more money off poor saps who don’t do any research ;)
  18. katygeorge

katygeorge Member

Name:
    katy
    can you actually have a wolf hybrid?

thats just sounds all kinds of weird to me. do they mate a wolf with a normal dog??
  19. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Some breeders have crossed dogs with wolves, it happened quite a bit a few decades ago I think - but defra has rules against any 'wild' animal being kept at UK addresses (have to be registered as a Zoo or research establishment from memory), which helped stamp it out.