Huskies off lead and electric shock collars Controversial

Discussion in 'Siberian Husky' started by Adam P, Jan 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adam P

Adam P

Huskies off lead and electric shock collars

Hi guys.

I note lots of people have huskies, malamutes and mixes of these breeds.
    I've always had an interest in these dogs but always been put off owning one by the reputation of them with regards to recall and so on.

Since I started dog training I've met quite a few with a variety of issues. Earl;y on I realised a lot of them had aggression/ott behaviour because they either had barrier frustration or were under exercised. Unless you own more than one and have the facilaties to run them in harness exercise options are pretty limited. There seems to be very few enclosed parks around and if your animal is dog aggressive or dog ott pretty limited options for using these parks.

So in an effort to help these dogs I began to look into ways of training them off lead, at about the same time I discovered e collar and started to apply it to other dogs and there issues. Using it to enforce recall on these dogs was a natural progression.
    Since my first few cases I've seen a fair number of huskie/mal/crosses that have benifited enormously from being recall trained like this. The only thing you have to make sure of is the collar fits right due to all that hair!

These are some vids of variouse huskies and a few mixes doing off lead with e collars.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=husky off leash e collar&aq=f

Adam
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. gemma riley

gemma riley New Member

Name:
    Ragapawz
    you make me sick :evil:
  4. Ripsnorterthe2nd

Ripsnorterthe2nd New Member

Name:
    Emma
    What she said!
  5. Tassle

Tassle New Member

Name:
    H
    Oh Adam.....bless you for being so predictable.
  6. Cachapman710

Cachapman710 New Member

Name:
    Cachapman
    Why? Just tell me why do you keep droning on and on about e-collars?
    I saw this thread and your name and though, great, something different from Adam! But oh no same thing.

Maybe someone should put the blasted collar on you and then see if you still think it's so great!

Shame on you! :-(
  7. kazer

kazer New Member

Name:
    Karen
    I echo this!
  8. Meg

Meg Global Moderator

Name:
    Meg
    Oh dear Adam, you really are getting desperate aren't you in your attempt to drum up a little business :lol:

I am sure our members can see through your little games ...
  9. SibeVibe

SibeVibe New Member

Name:
    Seoniad
    What she said ;-)

Take care Hannah.

Seoniad.
  10. Lou

Lou New Member

Name:
    Lou
    Sorry - Wrote in anger..........

AP is now going on ignore!
  11. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    ...... ahh as he's mentioned e collar in the first post the op reckons we will discuss this matter.... not!!!!

nowt to discuss!!! want a robot do not get a northern breed(or in the ops case any breed!)
  12. Ben Mcfuzzylugs

Ben Mcfuzzylugs

Sigh

Well to actually comment here as there might be owners who find this post by accident

How long have you proofed your training with these types of dogs? How old were they and was it a lifelong fix?

Often I have heard with Husky owners that the dog seems like he has pretty good recal and they begin to trust him, then after a long time suddenly he looses recal and has to be on the lead at all times again

So yes I am sure most people could get a recal on a husky
    But are you sure you have a lifelong recal?
    Have the owners got to do any remedial training over the years?

and mods - can we just delete this thread as it is clearly a self promo on e-collars
  13. MerlinsMum

MerlinsMum

Name:
    Sue
    Azz suggested e-collars couldn't be mentioned in normal threads, but there was no stipulation that Adam couldn't start some of his own.....:017:
  14. Moon's Mum

Moon's Mum New Member

Name:
    Amanda
    *yawn*

Anyone else bored of this fruitless and baffling one-man mission to try and convert us all?
  15. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    its because azz has said they can be discussed if the op requests info in the first post.... and ap thinks we are that dumb.....mind u doesnt he also think the dogs are too?
  16. ATD

ATD New Member

Name:
    Anne-Theresa
    Could we use one on certain ppl each time thus subject is mentioned? Sure the subject would stop cummin up then lol
    ATD x
  17. Tassle

Tassle New Member

Name:
    H
    Unfortunately - I fear, as so often happens when using an aversive training technique, the problems will just crop up elsewhere.
  18. Lionhound

Lionhound

Name:
    Lorna
    As one door closes another is opened eh Adam.

If you werent such a dangerous man it might be funny
  19. Skyesmum

Skyesmum New Member

Name:
    Jann
    Yup ;-) SOOOOO bored of him!
    I do feel so sorry for his dogs though :-(

Jann xx
  20. Chris

Chris Member

Name:
    Chris
    Gotta admit, this is starting to come across as spamming now.

Still, it makes a change from waiting until a current thread has started to fall off the radar then deciding to post to promote it back to the top again. So easy to see through and so much over-used that it's easy to spot
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.