Bulldogs - how many types are there? Questions

Discussion in 'Bulldog' started by SLB, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Certainly hip problems, yes.:-( I have also heard that several have died of heart problems, two dropping down at young ages.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Snoringbear

Snoringbear New Member

Name:
    Simon
    I judge them too. They are a bit of a mixed bag, I don't think people are generally critical enough of the backend movement on them.
  4. aerolor

aerolor New Member

Name:
    Rena
    I agree, many "types" of dogs are "bred properly" (I assume you mean in terms of welfare, planning the litter and ensuring the puppies are produced from healthy parents, well-reared and responsibly homed). I for one would not look down on any dog because they are not registered. Many purebred dogs are not registered. If you look on IanIOW's link on dog types, perhaps "type" will be a better explained.
  5. Lonsdale

Lonsdale New Member

Name:
    Jessica
    You have 'looked' at the Leavitt site and that is your definition of research.....

If you had however taken the time to research the breed before your uneducated sweeping statement you would realise that YES many of the Leavitts featured on the site do vary in type and appearance: This is due to the fact that majority of what you will see are the ancestors of the present dogs. Believe it or not to improve and undo the damage caused by the extreme interpretation of the modern show bulldog standard, the appearance of the foundation Leavitt bulldogs did have to change and develop over the years, I would think that was obvious?!

The Leavitt Bulldog is a rare breed, the breeders and owners have no want or need to have the Leavitt bulldogs recognised by any 'so called reputable' Kennel Club, in fact i personally couldnt think of anything worse.

The majority of the modern bulldog reactions are not healthier or more functional and certainly not health screened in any way shape or form - Most are bred for financial gain with no real regard or understanding of dog breeding. This is not the case with the Leavitt Bulldog...

The Leavitt bulldog is a healthy and functional dog that is thoroughly health tested for hip dysplasia, hereditary eye issues, hearts testing and soon to introduce DLA diversity test.

To say you have boarded many of these type is NOT the case, since we own the only ones in the country. So realistically you have never seen one; not that your 'educated eye' has any influence on the health of a dog - unless of course you have xray vision of health screen facility are your boarding facilities?!

Feel free to visit my site you can also see the health test results too .... and by all means point out were any of my dogs are horrendously deformed.

Kind regards

Jessica
    Lonsdale Bulldogs.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2010
  6. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    How are your pups doing???
  7. Lonsdale

Lonsdale New Member

Name:
    Jessica
    You aint - I presume you mean 'are not' .....

Because there is no want, or need to have public recognition.....Certainly from people who have such a terrible grasp of the English language?!:roll: :roll:

As for being recognised - I could not think of anything worse than the Kennel Club getting their hands on our Breed - With the lack of regulation, health testing not to mention integrity - You could not pay me to have my Bulldogs anywhere near an organisation that registers sick badly bred puppies from puppy farms or breeds that can't even mate or give birth successfully its horrendous what the Kennel Club stand for.

I am happy with my bulldogs being 'frowned upon' as muts if it means we have no association with an organisation as corrupt as the British Kennel Club.
  8. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    hi :)

are they just on their own register or are they fci/akc?
  9. Lonsdale

Lonsdale New Member

Name:
    Jessica
    Our own: Leavitt Bulldog Association and there is the option to register some lines with the CDHPR depending on particular dogs linage.
    The priority is to be able to really regulate and control the breeding practices - This can sometimes be lost when combining with other bigger registries.
  10. Lonsdale

Lonsdale New Member

Name:
    Jessica
    Great Thank You - They are 9 weeks now;They are equal measures of fun and trouble :grin: ;-)
  11. Snoringbear

Snoringbear New Member

Name:
    Simon
    Hi Lonsdale, I was hoping you'd post something when I first posted on this thread. Someone needed correcting and I'm glad you did.
  12. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Someone also needs to read the terms of the site , before posting :?
  13. Snoringbear

Snoringbear New Member

Name:
    Simon
    Was it section 5.1

"Please do not make sweeping statements in debates"
  14. hades

hades New Member

Name:
    lexus
    Very active, healthy and all round cracking looking dogs.
    Your bulldogs are stunning, Lonsdale!:grin:
    Enjoyed looking through the gallery, loved all the action shots, true bulldogs!:grin:
    Look forward to some post/pics of your gang soon.
    All the best Hades
  15. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Section 4, no spamming ..advertising puppies

Section 5,2 Conduct in discussions/debates. please dont get personal in debates!!

New poster, within the first few posts she has been personal/rude to a member, plus we now know she has a litter of pups.
  16. Lonsdale

Lonsdale New Member

Name:
    Jessica
    Are you meaning me?!

If you are not then i please forgive my misunderstanding;

I have not been rude in anyway, simply correcting incorrect information that has been posted about the breed of dog we choose to keep. We are the European representative of the breed and i see it as my job to ensure the correct information is available on the Internet were possible.

As for 'spamming' i am gobsmacked!
    We do NOT have a litter of puppies for sale?! Even if i did would NEVER use a forum to advertise our puppies!

Please take the time and look through our site and understand our ethos and strict placement criteria in regards to our pups,before making such an insulting sweeping statement! Then you may understand that i am certainly not the sort of person that would need or want to 'spam' to advertise puppies - before making such an insulting sweeping statement!

In fact i feel very insulted that by having my say and correcting information could be misconstrued as trying to sell puppies?! I am shocked!

If you have a problem with how i have conducted myself on the forum it would be much apreciated if you take it up directly with me please.

Jessica
  17. Lonsdale

Lonsdale New Member

Name:
    Jessica
    Thank You Hades

I enjoy photography almost as much as the dogs, i wish i knew more and just guess and hope it comes out OK!?:p

I have some more updated photos due to go in the gallery soon, i hope to get them up over the New Year.

I have been having a browse through the forums and will try and get some photos up when i can work out were they to put them!! :lol: :lol:
  18. Lonsdale

Lonsdale New Member

Name:
    Jessica
    No problems:)

I am just glad to be able to set the record straight that's the beauty of a forum. The Leavitt Bulldog is a rare breed and i expect people to get information mixed up from time to time, as long as i can correct them when needed that's all that matters.

All the best

Jessica
  19. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    I was the one brought up her pup's to be honest.
  20. Adam P

Adam P

The only Bulldogs I see on a regular basis are AM bulldogs.

There are two types within the breed and because of the relatively low numbers in the uk a fair bit of mixing goes on both across the types and with boxers. At least on a casual basis round here.

I think the english bulldog is in a bad way tbh, any attempts to improve them are to be applauded.

Btw Lonsdale your reception is pretty typical for someone they disagree with lol.

Adam
  21. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    ..no thats saved for you on your favourite subject ;-) :)