NI's Why Not? Discussions

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by Katie Beardy, Dec 4, 2010.

1. sutty

sutty New Member

Name:
    sue
    Never used one, never needed one, wouldnt want one:grin:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Jem

Jem New Member

Name:
    Jemma
    Yeah had to have a operation beginning of nov and it meant i wouldn't be able to cope with the girls anymore, I didn't know i would be having the op when i got them though x
  4. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    aww :-( i feel for you.. hope you are on the mend now :) xx
  5. Heather and Zak

Heather and Zak New Member

Name:
    heather
    Off topic I know but just wanted to say I hope you are OK. It must have been heartbreaking for you. (((hugs))).
  6. Tassle

Tassle New Member

Name:
    H
    I'm sorry you had to go through this.
    What a relief you manged to find them some great homes.
    Hope you are recovering well.
  7. Lionhound

Lionhound

Name:
    Lorna
    Sorry Jem, hope you are on the mend x
  8. SibeVibe

SibeVibe New Member

Name:
    Seoniad
    Hi BD :)

Do you happen to know what sort of behaviours these folks are using e collars for?

Take care.

Seoniad
  9. Tassle

Tassle New Member

Name:
    H
  10. SibeVibe

SibeVibe New Member

Name:
    Seoniad
  11. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    Sorry wasnt aware this forum didnt know about the girls Jem - I only saw because you posted about it on the forum mum transports and fosters for, when you applied to become a foster!
  12. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    You did what was best for them, hope you are well again now.:)
  13. Pilgrim

Pilgrim New Member

Name:
    Liesl
    There you see yet more NI's being rehomed:roll: I am very sorry you have had to part with them Jem but seriously this just goes to show the huge flaws in NI's. You said you wouldn't be able to 'cope' with them which suggests to me they are very difficult girls to look after? Or else why couldn't you cope with them?

I would love to know how many NI's stay with one owner for their whole lives? We were Morses 3rd home (he was only 2.5 when we had him) and he was with us for life, which turned out to be painfully short:-(

I know peoples circumstances change BUT seriously some of the excuses people come out with for having to rehome their NI are laughable:roll:
  14. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    ... i was kias 3rd home.. she was 7months!!
  15. Adam P

Adam P

People won't stop breeding because
    A, you can't make them
    B, the dogs have a market and fans so theres a demand.
    Even if you stopped the breeders breeding people with an NI would still breed with their mates NI.

Seems that backcrossing and out crossing goes on a lot. The majority of dogs bred aren't perfect examples of their breed anyway but people still buy them, why because they are good enough for what they want.

I bet in a few decades time NIs will have changed a lot anyway due to the addition of the wolfdog breeds and backcrossing.

Personnaly I think they are healthier than sharpei and bulldogs though.

Btw e collar mostly for recall.

Adam
  16. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    you know sweet fa adam!!!

but of course its in your best interests for them to be churned out :roll:
  17. Pilgrim

Pilgrim New Member

Name:
    Liesl
    Seriously:shock: :shock: That is awful, I thought Morse was bad enough at 2.5!!!

But then I guess at the rate JK and her cronies churn their puppies out then they obviously don't care a jot who has them and will sell to anyone with the cash regardless if they are suitable or not:roll: :roll:
  18. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    You are right people wont stop breeding, not while there is a market. Doesnt mean the breeding of such dogs in ok though does it.
    If they bred with their friends NI then they to would be breeders, do you wouldnt have stopped 'breeders'. :lol:

Care to share why you find them healthier than sharpeis and bull dogs - I take it you have some sort of info leading you to that opinion?
  19. Jem

Jem New Member

Name:
    Jemma
    It made no difference what breed they were, i couldn't and still cant cope with any dog breed big or small, It takes me all my energy to walk up stairs! It literally had nothing to do with them being northern inuits but more to do with the fact that they were dogs full stop x
  20. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    Hmm interesting that Jem why after you rehomed your girls did you apply to be come a foster for the TLD rescue - knowing you couldnt cope with 'any' dog :neutral: Sorry just am an ickle confused here.
  21. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Wasnt that dog "Chief" in rescue bred by JK and she wouldnt have him back?