NI's Why Not? Discussions

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by Katie Beardy, Dec 4, 2010.

1. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    I agree ref looking at pedigrees, I have done so recently and it makes me very sad indeed:-( Have you looked at any NID pedigrees? What do you consider to be overuse? Just curious as to how many times the FTC was used that upset you and how this compares to NID studs we know.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. velvetvampyre

velvetvampyre

Name:
    Not for the likes of you lot
    ....and I surpose you've seen your puppies health reports for his parents?
  4. velvetvampyre

velvetvampyre

Name:
  5. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    Oh just saw this! i have yep will PM if you like ;-)

With regards to the Springer ped i know there was a father daughter mating and there was a name in red dotted all over the place but i cant remember the details. Will have a look when i am next round. Even my Kiska has one dog used a few times more then i would do given the healthy population of Sibes in the uk . . .
  6. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    whos the dog?

i have an idea who it may be ;-)
  7. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    Prince of darkness, in 3 gens he was used on both the dams and sires side. I think he pops up more in her 5 gen as well but i dont have that here.
  8. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    thanks

i guessed right :)

yes ,he is used alot in certain lines..its that monochromatic black coat :)
  9. Adam P

Adam P

I like Nis I meet a few of them and fine the temp as you would expect from a dog base on husk/mal/gs crossing.
    Certainly never had trouble training them!
    The health would put me off though.

I think the breeders would be best to consider crossing back to founder breeds or out to other breeds (which they are doing) The pure NI doesn't seem very healthy.

Adam
  10. Moonstone

Moonstone New Member

Name:
    S

You consider this a good thing?:evil: Why experiment with the poor dogs, hasn't enough damage been done already? Do think top quality GSD/HUsky or Mal breeders would let anyone who breeds this type anywhere near their dogs? It will be dodgy mess breeding into dodgier dogs.
  11. upallnight

upallnight New Member

Name:
    Valerie
    I don't feel cheated at all as I fell in love with the Look of the dogs the min I saw them. My NI is only 6 months old and he is great with my two little ones 3years and 1 year old. I don't leave them alone together as he can and would totally bowl them over and his big paws have left many a mark down my legs and back. His recall is great till he smells a rabbit or sees a Pheasant but working on this as we are surrounded by livestock. Solomon is hard work especially with 2 small children but then I was well warned before we got him. I personally wouldn;t ever leave him alone with my cats as he does chase them and would NEVER want to risk anything happening to the cats!

12. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    thats cool..... but it wasnt my question lol ;-)
  13. upallnight

upallnight New Member

Name:
    Valerie
    No Rhonda but his breeder didn't profess to have tested for VWD! I fell in love with Solomon and he will be tested not because he will ever be bred from but because I want to know and if it is bad we can then be aware if not then we can heave a sigh of relief.
    Did you see your dog's Dam's VWD certificate???

14. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    even better - give up all together - what ever they were aiming for clearly hasnt worked. Im sick of hearing about all this cross breeding being done to improve on health - when alot of crosses are far from it - breeding back to the founder breeds will never work, no responsible breeder, that health tests is going to be happy about letting their dogs to stud for a cross breed, breeding programme!
  15. velvetvampyre

velvetvampyre

Name:
    I didn't ask to see it Valerie
  16. upallnight

upallnight New Member

Name:
    Valerie
    Hmm well there was a Malamute called Sig on Ulva that I did look at and think OMG he's stunning and then looked on the Mal web sight and there was all sorts saying they wouldn't fit in wwith my life, children and so on. When I see people walk them I do wonder whose walking who..... Sorry I'm not answering your questin so I'll shut up but when I hear it's an NI things I think not it's not it's a disobedience thing lol! xxx

17. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    yes for a majority of them.so do i :)
    no, dont shut up(as you put it) :)
  18. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    I was initiallly like this with Shunka and Silver Shadow (RIP). I now do allow Shunka alone with the cats. The other three I would def not trust!! You may get to the 100% trust stage with Sol as he gets older and stops chasing the cats xxxxxxxxx
  19. abbie

abbie Member

Name:
    I agree with this to a point. I do also think though that there is no real NI thing. They are all so different.

I also think some of the problems are due to a total lack of temperament being considered in what is such a mass produced type by some.

One of mine has some temperament issues which is getting worse as she gets older. This is definately not due to lack of training its the way she is.

Please don't shut up, you are totally entitled to your view and its one I agree with :grin:
  20. Adam P

Adam P

No they won't do that. Because they created the breeds and love them (or the money from them).

However crossing will improve the health and that will help the dogs.

Adam
  21. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    Its not a breed.. Yes love the money..You got it in one! How do you know crossing will improve the health, they thought they were doing that amoung other stuff when crossing in the first place...This is what happens when you try and create something new instead of work with what you already have..sadly..for the dogs.