Cross breeding Controversial

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Tassle, Nov 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnimalFactor

AnimalFactor

Name:
    Fluffy
    Why do people do that? Jump all over other members, then say they didn't, with big smiley faces...

My twopence as a newbie, I think humans should show more humanity towards their furry companions on this earth.
    Stop, with all the breeding, please! Britain is over run with dogs/cats in rescue, so where is the logic in breeding even more?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. missy01

missy01 New Member

Name:
    Rachael
    All I can say is that my family, and myself have always had cross breed dogs. They have all lived long and happy lives, without any health problems. My nan had 3 Westies to our one BC X who lived to be 16, and died peacefully in her sleep.
  4. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    Hello 'Fluffy' ;-) Since when did you own dogs? Let alone 3 :002: :002:
  5. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Welcome, think I recognise you, in for back up are you???:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
  6. Noushka05

Noushka05 New Member

Name:
    Jo
    its probably cos my views on certain subjects are very popular with some;-)
  7. Laura-Anne

Laura-Anne New Member

Name:
    Laura
    thats the reason my mum and dad go for them. They were heartbroken with the pain our Cav went through. He only lived to 7 i believe, possibly 8. They see Muffy going strong at 15. thats not trying to prove a point either way just thats one of the factors they consider. My mum wouldnt even consider getting a cav cross.

Does anyone want proof that our Cav died at that age or will my word do for that?

I still think they should get a rescue, but they want to start from scratch with dogs. Personally id have a rescue any day.
  8. MerlinsMum

MerlinsMum

Name:
    Sue
    I would have no quarrel with that. I know - online - several Cav breeders & owners and it is widely known the breed as a whole has serious heart problems. Those that make it to old age are a minority, as far as I can gather.

But there are other breeds out there which are healthy and long-lived.... I listened to the Radio 4 interview with Dr Sheila Crispin today and even she acknowledged that cross-breeding does not always mean healthier dogs - in fact depending on the parent breeds, the offspring could inherit two sets of health problems, one from each parent.
  9. Dobermann

Dobermann New Member

Name:
    Natalie
    Ours made it to 14 and had a heart murmer his whole life, never had knee problems etc either but, I don't think I wouldnt have another.
  10. tazer

tazer

Name:
    Tazer/Taz
    Who's the newbie?
  11. AnimalFactor

AnimalFactor

Name:
    Fluffy
    Between me and my immediate family, we have three dogs. One of which Sasha, is my avatar! Do I know you?
  12. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    You sure do! ;-) you cant kid and kidder, we both know who you are! :mrgreen: hows the cats?
  13. Noushka05

Noushka05 New Member

Name:
    Jo
    she looks quite like my Inca:grin:
  14. AnimalFactor

AnimalFactor

Name:
    Fluffy
    I have never been on this site before, so you must be mistaking me with someone else. But thank you for the welcome! :?
  15. AnimalFactor

AnimalFactor

Name:
    Fluffy
    Sasha and Kobs have both been in the show ring! My sister and her ex used to show, but no longer do so...Much to my relief!
  16. AnimalFactor

AnimalFactor

Name:
    Fluffy
    I have read what you have to say, and I think you are GREAT! :grin:
  17. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    You always did :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
  18. Noushka05

Noushka05 New Member

Name:
    Jo
    ive only been to one show this year myself what with one thing and another:?

aw thank you very much:grin:

and wot you on about Missy moo!:mrgreen:
  19. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    Oh thats brilliant, Im intrested in show dogs..feel free to put piccies up of them - many would be intrested. what are Sasha's and Kobs pedigree names?
  20. AnimalFactor

AnimalFactor

Name:
    Fluffy
    I will pm you the link to the offical website of my family's dogs! :!: Not many people get that ;-)
  21. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    we know who AnimalFactor is noush..You know the one that changes her username every forum she uses..Joins various forums for trouble.. I lost count of the usernames she has used.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.