Caverpoo info please General Chat

Discussion in 'Crossbreeds Forum' started by mrsmuddle, Nov 8, 2010.

1. TWOSOCKS

TWOSOCKS New Member

Name:
    SUSAN
    Hi Devil dogs, is your last comment meant for me :) I knew my dogs would not moult as they are crossed with all non moulting breeds, cairns dont moult as such they have to be hand stripped, bichons dont moult and mini schnauzers dont moult... these dogs were bred by my friends who need dogs that dont moult, they were sick of all the ordinary breeds of non moulters and wanted something a bit different :)
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. crestnut

crestnut New Member

Name:
    lynda
    I cannot really understand your breeder if you are saying she only cross bred to produce a non moulting dog lol She bred from non moulting patents so why did she/ he have the need to crossbreed for non moulting.
  4. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    Puppies can have the wrong coats even in established breeds, so I would still say you dont know that they were going to be non moulting. CC's and Poodles are both none moulting breeds, Yet I have heard of people with the cross hand them into rescue because of the moulting.
  5. TWOSOCKS

TWOSOCKS New Member

Name:
    SUSAN
    I think the purpose of crossing the non moulting breeds is to give people more varitey, I personnally know quite a lot of people who would love an non moulting/ very low shed dog, but they dont like the established breeds, so this way they can have a dog thats different without the hairs.
  6. Kerryowner

Kerryowner

Name:
    Stephanie
    Seems strange to say they don't like the established non-moulting breeds when there is such a variety? When you cross 2 of these non-mouting breeds you end up with a temperament of one or the other parent breeds or a mixture of the 2 surely? Or is it the look of the non-moulting breeds they don't like?
  7. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    There are so many already established non moulting breeds that I am shocked you know people that dont like one - instead some one will buy a cross pup from two already established breeds - when in actually fact the pups from the mating could like either of the parents - defeat the object if the dont like the parents :?
  8. lwatson

lwatson New Member

Name:
    Lynn
    Personally I wouldn't by a cross breed (been there done that) but I see no reason for anyone else not to purchase one as long as the 'breeder' doesn't advertise them as designer dogs as they are crossed at the end of the day and I think its terrible that some people pay loads of money (sometimes more than a pedigree).

I can some what understand about the crossing of a breed though to see what you get as my mum loves her Bichon dearly but he does have trouble with tear staining and wonders if he had have been crossed with a darker dog then maybe this staining wouldn't show up as much.
  9. Westie_N

Westie_N New Member

Name:
    Nicola
    If you want a crossbreed, go to a rescue. Plenty of them there. Please don't buy one.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2010
  10. Vicki6344

Vicki6344

Name:
    Vicki
    Exactly........
  11. tazer

tazer

Name:
    Tazer/Taz
    If I compiled a list of the most illogical reasonings I'd heard of, that would most certainly make the top 10, if not, the top 5.

Mr. A, Wants a northern type spitz dog, but doesn't like any of the popular, or less popular choices available. These include huskies, malamutes, greenland dogs, eskimo dogs, laika's etc.

He's not sure about the temperaments and some of the looks, so naturally he gets a husky x malamute...Oh yes, cos that makes perfect sence, don't like the parent breeds, so I'll get a mix of them instead. Hoping that by some miracle, it ends up looking and behaving like a great dane.

Do people seriously think like that?:shock: :lol:
  12. joto

joto New Member

Name:
    Joan
    Perhaps if everyone gave up using these silly made up names and called them crossbreeds or mongrels which is what they are, then people would be less inclined to pay silly money for them and avoid getting ripped off!
  13. crestnut

crestnut New Member

Name:
    lynda
    Seems like they do lol
  14. amar101

amar101 New Member

Name:
    Andy
    My friend has a Cavapoo and I have looked after her on many occasions.

I think what people have said about you never knowing exactly what you will get with a cross breed is correct, however if you get one like the little angel I've met, you won't be disappointed.

She is the most loveable, gentle and friendly dog I've ever come across. She's never any trouble and she loves her walkies. She doesn't shed and doesn't smell that 'doggy' unless caught in the rain!

Unsure what else to say other than don't let people put you off getting a Cavapoo with the usual schpeel of labelling them 'designer dogs', saying it's unethical, etc. Fact is, cross-breeding made the Cavapoo I know and love - and it can only be a good thing that she exists!
  15. Ripsnorterthe2nd

Ripsnorterthe2nd New Member

Name:
    Emma
    But the point people are making is the next CavalierxPoodle you meet will most likely be completely different because it's cross of two breeds!
  16. SmokeyRabbit

SmokeyRabbit New Member

Name:
    Teresa
    A friend has a caverpoo who excels at agility shes just won into grade 4 at kc shows.
  17. amar101

amar101 New Member

Name:
    Andy
    ...I already said that in my own post:

"I think what people have said about you never knowing exactly what you will get with a cross breed is correct"

But, to play devil's advocate, the same could be said for any breed of dog - each dog is born unique, so there's never any guarantees with what you'll get, which kind of makes it a moot point.
  18. crestnut

crestnut New Member

Name:
    lynda
    So have you ever asked your friend why she / he never thought of getting a poodle or a cavalier rather than a mix of both