So I think I want a boxer... Questions

Discussion in 'Boxer' started by x-clo-x, Oct 11, 2010.

1. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe

So I think I want a boxer...

i posted ages ago about how much i wanted a boxer and then changed my mind, because i didnt think physically i could handle one. however since ive been at work ive got used to handling bigger dogs and actually realised im stronger than what i thought :lol:

i like boxers, and even though i talk about other breeds ALOT i always seem to come back to a boxer. :grin:

ive looked at some kennels because hopefully i can show him/her and im also going to do some other things with him/her :grin:

ive looked at the kennels marbelton, winuwuk, and walkon, now its just deciding which one i like more :lol:

so any thoughts on these 3 kennels? any advice for me? and of course any pictures of your own boxers? :grin:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    All known kennels .. Ozzie and Snoop came from Faerdorn ..
    Also liked Norwatch sunhawk dogs ...
  4. IsoChick

IsoChick New Member

Name:
    Shelley
    I lurve Winuwuk at the moment! :)

Do you prefer reds, or brindles, or whites? Do you want to get into showing them? Are you bothered about whether you have a bitch or dog?
  5. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Out of those 3 Walkon would be my choice, but they are in Scotland, Marbelton, I have one of hers,s he produces lovely dogs, but expensive, Winiwuk, would not go to her if she was the last breeder around!

if you are serious I will ask around and see if anyone knows of any litters.
  6. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
  7. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    Roc:007:what a gorgeous pup..
  8. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    ooh havent heard of that one will take a look when i get back from training :)

i think i prefer the reds but i like the really dog flashy brindles too :grin: yes i want to show him/her if i get one and they enjoy doing it, i like showing with daph and would love to do it with another breed. im not bothered about a dog or a bitch, i have one each of the cresteds so im an either or person :grin:

i really like walkon look at their site all the time. how come you wouldnt go to winuwuk if you dont midn me asking? you can pm me if you like. thanks for offering to look at litters, but it wont be for a while yet, will definately let you know when im at the looking for litter stage though :grin:
  9. Wyrd

Wyrd New Member

Name:
    Tasha
    Just seen you want to show, shame as theres a young boxer looking for a home on dog pages.
  10. shirls

shirls New Member

Name:
    Shirley
    Roc Is gorgeous

Anyone else thinking of getting a boxer (not for showing) there are lots of beautiful boxers in rescues all over the country :-(
  11. pam

pam New Member

Name:
    PAM
    Well if you have decided on a boxer my opinion is you cant go wrong,They complete nutters one minute the next all calm and butter wouldnt melt.
    Im with jackie i wouldnt touch Winuwuk if they offered me a free puppy:lol: Along with Newlaithe
    Koppernox produce some astounding quality puppies along with Sunvalley and both breeders are in the breed for the love of their boxers.Lots of excellent breeders out there just do your home work and like always a puppy will find you.
  12. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    thanks im definately having one :grin: just got to wait till im out of this house as nana isnt a big dog fan :roll: met a lovely one on the walk today and im soooo in love :grin:
  13. Lesley J

Lesley J

Name:
    Lesley
    Hi I've been reading all the replys from this and I agree with all the comments about Boxers!! They are Fantastic!! Unfortunetly alot of Boxers do end in Rescue places as the some people don't know how to bring the best out in them!! And they are unble to control their exurberant characters!!:twisted:

I've owned 3 so far, the first 2 with my parents, now I've got my own!! She is Fantastic!! Fab with other dogs! Fab with Kids! Fab with everything!!! She hasn't had a boring life (Showing, Obedience, and to finish her career Agility) so now she is enjoy retirement and being a good example to a BC!! ( I call this my going to the dark side having a BC!) Im not going away from boxers still want more but the BC who is called Smarti is my new Agility dog in the making!! My 3 boxers came from the same lines/breeding and I intended to get a R/W Dog puppy and they told me that they only had a dark brindle and white bitch puppy left, I was going to walk away as she was not what I wanted!! But I couldnt resist to have a look! So the rest is history and she is now 9yrs young!!

I like the Marbleton Especially Fair to middlin! He's a nice Red and White dog. I'm sure when your ready you will make the right choice in choosing a good breeder!

Well keep us posted when you get one!!

Here's a photo of poppy at her last KC show[​IMG]

Where she had a first in the Breed class!!
  14. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    What lines is she ???
  15. Lesley J

Lesley J

Name:
    Lesley
    Quite old lines and they have stopped breeding now!! Which I'm so dissapointed in as I would love another one of their dogs! But the Breeders Affix is Silverstein and she has Glenfall the Gladiator as her grand sire.

So anyone out there who knows of any other Boxers with Silversein in their breeding??
  16. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    have to say poppy is beautiful :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

i think i prefer the red and whites, but i like the really dark brindles too :grin:
  17. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    Fair to middlin is half brother to my boys ....
  18. pam

pam New Member

Name:
    PAM
    CH Silverstein Sundance is the only Silverstein i know off
    he gained his stud book no in 1967
    He had 3 CC - 3 RCC
    Sire of 1 Champion
    His sire was Silverstein Sierra
    and the dam was Silverstein Hybeam Mucky