Northern Inuit Dog and Utonagan - Owners Thread Discussions

Discussion in 'Utonagan' started by Kalasin, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    I can see some patchy NI in there, where is he from as there are a few breeders down south with patchy in there lines a fair bit.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. alfiebasher

alfiebasher New Member

Name:
    eve
    Im not entirely sure,,,,i was given him on tuesday,,so dont know very much im afraid,,,,,,sorry
    eve x
  4. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    He looks like he could be a NID or NID cross to me too.

I am curious, which breeders have patchy a 'fair bit' in their lines from Down South?
  5. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    Down near dorset the dodgy one, seen a few patchys from there.
  6. Tassle

Tassle New Member

Name:
    H
    There is someone in Cornwall who is breeding from Patchy dogs as well. Not sure if they are a 'line' so much as a hobby breeder.
  7. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    my ni is patch...spit of her father,he was an 'aragorn' dog..kia has a mahlek dam and a 'shoshone' affix...most the saarloos are from daaan saaf too ;-)
  8. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    Maybe line was the wrong word but cant think of a better one!
  9. alfiebasher

alfiebasher New Member

Name:
    eve
    well,,ive just found out he was from someone in Newton Abbot,,but dont think they were proper breeders
    eve x
  10. Tassle

Tassle New Member

Name:
    H
    Its always interesting to know though :)
    (Especially if you are a nosy so and so like me!!)
  11. alfiebasher

alfiebasher New Member

Name:
    eve
    :grin: i am lol
    eve x
  12. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    gorgeous dogs every one!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

read through this whole thread, and have a load of questions.... should i start another thread for that?
  13. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    Nar ask away! :mrgreen:
  14. Tassle

Tassle New Member

Name:
    H
    Might be an idea ;)
  15. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    oh dear lol
  16. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    well thats what i thought because people keep mentioning bad threads about NIs but i havent seen any. to be honest only started looking at these threads after i watched the its me or the dog episode with the two NIs on.

i will try and be as nice as possible and not cause any "trouble" that gets mentioned..

1) firstly NIs are gorgeous dogs, and you all of beautiful fur babies :grin: :grin:

2) do NIs like to live with other dogs like huskys n mals seem to do? (i ask this because you all have more than one :grin: ) i mean do they do better with another companion than on their own?

3) im guessing that NIs arent for a novice owner? correct me if im wrong..

4) The NI arent KC reg but will they be in the future? how long does it take for a breed to be recognised?

5) how are they to look after maintence wise? are the a particularly healthy breed? do they shed alot or "blow coats" as at the minute im guessing they are similar to other northern breeds?(again correct me if im wrong)

6) how are they with other animals, e.g. small animals cats, rabbits etc. and livestock?

7) how long have the NI been around, i can remember hearing about them years ago, because my uncle first saw one and said he wanted one and i must of only been littlish :blush:

hope someone can help me a bit, im just curious. they look like such gorgeous dogs and you are all very lucky to have them.

also more pictures please :mrgreen:
  17. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    your going to get conflicting answers.. cos at the end of the day they are crosses and still do not conform...some are more sibe like,some are more gsd like etc... mine is the latter :)

eta..dont think kc recognition will happen but u never know...i hope not personally, all still to different to even breed to type or temp
  18. Tassle

Tassle New Member

Name:
    H
    I do not have any but will answer for the ones I have met -

.....just my limited knowledge
  19. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla

lol well mine isnt prey driven,can be left and would be fine for a novice owner..lol u see.. conflicting answers lol :)
  20. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    All mine can be left. I only trust one of them with my cats. Even the one without a high prey drive likes to chase. One of them actually hunts and I mean hunts, on our walks. He catches rodents, birds and will pretty much chase anything.
  21. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    Did your NI's look they way you expected when fully grown ??