Our 4th inuit is 2 months General Chat

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by kcjack, Mar 23, 2010.

1. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia

Our 4th inuit is 2 months

This is my 4 th Inuit that has been handed into us in 2 months. We had Skye, Loki, Kody and now little Tikaani. She is 7 months old and a total star cannot see any prob yet what so ever she is just a pup. And a very well behaved one at that compared to my hoof Kato.
    It seems they are coming in quite thick and fast at the minute.
    [​IMG]
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Moli

Moli New Member

Name:
    pat
    She is a little beauty..Can I ask why people are giving them up??
  4. magpye

magpye New Member

Name:
    Taz
    She's absolutely stunning too! I assume you mean coming in to the rescue? Why? Whatever could posess someone to leave a face as beautiful as that?
  5. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    She looks lovely. Hope she finds a forever home soon.
  6. rune

rune

Three years ago I predicted that I wouldn't need to buy an Inuit if I wanted one as rescues would be full of them.

Sadly it seems to have happened sooner than even I thought it would.

She looks lovely, hope she finds adecent home next time.

rune
  7. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    Yes they coming in thick and fast same problem everytime "to bouncy"
  8. Ripsnorterthe2nd

Ripsnorterthe2nd New Member

Name:
    Emma
    Sadly the same reason as most other breeds no doubt.
  9. kodi2000

kodi2000 New Member

Name:
    mike
    she is adorable. wish i had more room, id take her.
    just out of interest, how do the number of inuits compare to other breeds or types ? by this i mean ive seen alot of lurcher types and for want of a better word lets say bull terrior crosses in rescues.
  10. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    I wonder who bred her and if they would take her back. I also wonder why more people do not go back to the breeder when they cannot keep their dog.
  11. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    And you accept that as a reason to give up on a pup, or do you try to help the owner with the dog in the first instance ?
  12. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    I put it down to people going out and buying a dog without thinking about it properly, I am not sure breed has anything to do with it? Most puppies will be 'Too Bouncy'. This appears an example of our throw away society. Such a Shame.
  13. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    I agree we live in a throw away society and the breeder isnt interested and dont think the owner would of let her back there as breeder was shocking.
  14. Ripsnorterthe2nd

Ripsnorterthe2nd New Member

Name:
    Emma
    Why does that not surprise me? :lol:

Same old kcjack, same old threads, eh? :lol:
  15. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Shouldnt that be the responsibility of the breeder? NOT a rescue society willing to find the dog another home?
  16. rune

rune

I have to say the first inuit I knew down here came from an appallling breeder---and that WAS the reason the family wouldn't take her back. Said breeder then had a run in with the rescue and lost!

Dog is fine and new owners recently aquired another.

rune
  17. ClaireandDaisy

ClaireandDaisy New Member

Name:
    Claire
    What they mean is - it`s a young dog and I`m too lazy or stupid to train it.
  18. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    It is not my job to decide wether people have a good reason to give their dog up or to train their dog I give them tips but by the time they call me they have already decided.
  19. tazer

tazer

Name:
    Tazer/Taz
    To bouncy, isn't that just normal puppy behaviour.

If you can't handle a puppy being a puppy, then don't get one in the first place. Either get an older dog, or don't get one at all.

But I suppose, that would mean that some people would have to use common sence, and that apparently, is a gift that we're not all blessed with.
  20. Petticoat

Petticoat New Member

Name:
    petticoat
    Hear hear!!:grin: I have a 8 month old mad bouncy Pointer pup and she could test the patience of a saint at times, but she is still so young. But then I knew what I was getting when I bought her...
    I hope Tikanni gets her new forever home asap, she looks like a right sweetheart:grin:
  21. tazer

tazer

Name:
    Tazer/Taz
    Exactly, and that really is the point, some people just don't bother to research the breed, or anything to do with dogs, before they get one.

I see it with my breed all the time. People get that cute little andrex puppy, and seem to think it will behave like a guide dog without any training at all. Boy, do they soon get a shock.

Ot but, don't think I've ever seen a pointer of any type round here. Saying that, I only know one person with an English setter as well, and they don't live that locally.