Working line GSDs - Eastern European/Czech Rep Working Dogs

Discussion in 'German Shepherd Dog' started by Moobli, Jan 21, 2010.

1. k9xxb

k9xxb

Name:
    Linda
    WOW - he is absoloutely gorgeous :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Is he yours wolfdogowner? If so, can we have more pics please!!!!!!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    both dogs are stunning!! :007: :007: ;-)
    the dog has the body of my Tupac,but the head,looks like its on the wrong dog! lol (prob the pic;-) )
    i see what you mean,but i have met some stunning dogs that have looked similar to the one in the pic,they have been mallinois x gsd,that said going on the history and that shoulder flash,my bets on csv with that dog;-) :mrgreen:
  4. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    Thanks for your input Linda. As you know, I love Monty and would certainly give him house space :mrgreen:

What kind of minor issues are you having with him now? Is he just pushing his luck?
  5. wolfdogowner

wolfdogowner New Member

Name:
    Sorry, wish he was mine as he is fabulous- but he should be a working UK police dog by now! Here he is training:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

He is not a dog that suffers fools gladly and a total contrast to the other GSD at training.
  6. wildmoor

wildmoor Member

Name:
    Pam
    I would say the opposite, due to the history of former Communist Countries and their breeding programmes their GSDs were not separated from the 60s onwards into working and show varieties, if the dog could not work in real life situations then it was not bred from. In Fact the SNB Police Breeding Station (which I believe one of the CW lines come from)was still producing GSDs in the late 90s, not sure if they still are.
  7. wildmoor

wildmoor Member

Name:
    Pam
    In one word yes, they were prior to then predominately Black sables and Dark grey sables.
  8. wildmoor

wildmoor Member

Name:
    Pam
    Not one from this country, but I would from Czech apart from the kennel I have shown I also like some of the Anrebri dogs/bitches heres the males http://www.anrebri.cz/english/psi_e.html
    But only after I have seen in person and seen work
  9. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    Oh I love him in these pics - he looks an awesome dog. Which force is he working for?
  10. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    Wow - love some of their dark sables, just stunning!
  11. wolfdogowner

wolfdogowner New Member

Name:
    Not quite sure what you 'would say the opposite' of. My point is that in some countries Police are less worried about being nice with criminals and a little harder about working. When my father bought working GSDs in the 1970s (to create a police dog unit) he had never been to a dog show in his life!:001:
  12. wildmoor

wildmoor Member

Name:
    Pam
    What I meant rather than the Police dog you are referring to having CW, that the CW was founded on these dogs.
    I am aware of certain police dogs in some other countries they would sooner bite you than look at you, hence why some wear quick release muzzles, yes the UK are too soft maybe there would be less crime here if they didnt put the criminal first.
  13. wolfdogowner

wolfdogowner New Member

Name:
    I see what you are saying. I will keep an open mind on the subject as I think the breeding objective was more important than the pedigree ancestry. Either way I think they are very interesting animals and I personally prefer working dogs to the show ring. :001:
  14. wildmoor

wildmoor Member

Name:
    Pam
    Sorry but what as showing got to do with this thread! this is second time you mention it I thought we were discussing Czech breeding of GSDs, the heritage of them was important as their working ability hence they used 30 stud dogs and 80 breeding bitches and kept records.
  15. wolfdogowner

wolfdogowner New Member

Name:
    I wouldn't get stressed about it.