Old fashioned straight backed GSD's Controversial

Discussion in 'German Shepherd Dog' started by kirsty_, Dec 31, 2009.

1. LanesShepherds

LanesShepherds New Member

Name:
    Lane
    Then you should really this: Old Fashion Large German Shepherds
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2011
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Ben Mcfuzzylugs

Ben Mcfuzzylugs

No really sorry but websites for breeders with puppies for sale and adresses where people can just send their deposits make me feel sick
    really sorry but to me this is just a gsd puppy farm
  4. LanesShepherds

Name:
    Lane
    So how do you think they keep the line around what I was trying to let you know was that dogs like that are still being bred. I am sure you noticed there were no puppies for sale at the site.. Well I guess you buy your dogs from Petsmart since you don't believe in breeders?
  5. Collie Convert

Collie Convert

Name:
    layla
    Are you advertising your own website???

There is a difference between ethical breeders and breeders. It seems generally over here in the uk we generally have a higher standard of what is deemed good and ethical.

Over here a breeder who practices how you seem to is unethical.
  6. Ben Mcfuzzylugs

Ben Mcfuzzylugs

No actually, if you spent more time on the forums you would see I rescued them
    and yes I did see and was happy that there are none for sale just now, but i compleatly disagree with that way of breeding dogs
  7. LanesShepherds

Name:
    Lane
    Maybe, but then you shouldn't judge what people do in other countries by your standards if you had bothered to read the website you would have found out that it is highly ethical. We are a very big country so we do Internet to reach people on the other side of the country that might want a Large straight backed German Shepherd and cannot find a breeder on the east coast.
  8. Collie Convert

Collie Convert

Name:
    layla
    Yes, there are some points that are good...like you having your pups back if they need to be rehomed etc, i have no problem with you sending them to anywhere in the country, its just that i dont agree with people just paying you, answering a few questions and then you shipping them without having met the new owners...if they can afford your prices then they should be able to afford to come and meet you and your dogs and the potential new puppy.

Of course i will judge by my standards, i am not going to lower my accepted standards just because you are in another country.
  9. GSDlover4ever

GSDlover4ever New Member

Name:
    Robyn
    I personally wouldn't buy a pup from them......
  10. LanesShepherds

Name:
    Lane
    I am sorry but your standards are yours and completely wrong for my country no one told you to lower your standards just don't apply them over here. For someone who knows nothing about me or my business you sure make judgments based on nothing. When you live here and start breeding you can run things the way you want until then I will do things my way and I give a kickless what you think have a nice day.
  11. JoedeeUK

JoedeeUK Member

Name:
    Deejay

You sell puppies to people you have never met as long as they pay the inflated price($2000 + for a pet !!!)

You slag off VPG bred dogs & state that they never become "Great"stud dogs. State that they dogs are"compliant" & have messed around with the FCI breed standard(which I presume you have a licence to put on your website)

Then there is your domain name "a superior GSD"really

& adding on $2500 for a Penn Hip assessment for hips that's a bit rich isn't it. It only costs £260 to have it done here in the UK. How can you justify such an add on for an extra 8 weeks & the Penn Hip ???

Then there are the required extras
    Of course you are breeding for the"love of the breed" & not profit of course :roll: :roll: :roll:
  12. LanesShepherds

Name:
    Lane
    Look the last time you brits tried to tell us what to do we kicked your asses and chased you back across the damn pond so stay there and leave us alone... FYI I charge for things I really don't want to do maybe people will not ask and do it them selves.
  13. JoedeeUK

JoedeeUK Member

Name:
    Deejay

I'm not Bitish so you can quit with the bad language.

No explanation as to why you charge $2500 + for 8 weeks care & a Penn Hip test(which isn't assessed by your GP vet BTW which belies the statement about "Good vets"being able to see HD at 4 months)
  14. Ben Mcfuzzylugs

Ben Mcfuzzylugs

Off topic and offensive
    If you choose to breed then you should expect that people will challange your views
    This is a forum so people will debate

If you wanted to show off your dogs then posting images of them would have been nice
    But linking to a buisness - not so good
    You choose to breed, in your website you have YOUR beliefs in what you think is good and bad breeding and suchlike
    Some other breeders would have different views and may take offence at you

Personaly I do not like breeders who have to advertise their pups
    I dont like people who will sell their pups online to someone they have never met

I also dont like agressive and racisit posts on a form and I have reported you for that
  15. JoedeeUK

JoedeeUK Member

Name:
    Deejay
    What a load of tosh, GSDs have always had a slope from the withers to the croup, when the dogs trot(as in working stock & not the show ring)a level in stance dog falls on fore hand & therefore has to exert more energy in movement. A dog with the correct sloping topline has no problem in the trot as the forequarters are able to extend the same as correctly angulated hindquarters effortlessly.

GSDs are not meant to daisy cut in movement
  16. Kiing

Kiing New Member

Name:
    Sarah
    This is exactly what Anton is like - he's very 'heavy' on his forehand when he trots, unlike the slopy backed sheps whose movement looks quite effortless compared to his.