Trust - A Deadly Disease Discussions

Discussion in 'Siberian Husky' started by mo, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Gnasher

Gnasher

Name:
    Nikki
    Actually, that's very interesting about the sound direction. Snow, as we all know, muffles sound waves, so maybe when we are walking our dogs in deep snow, we should be extra vigilant about keeping an eye on them and making sure they don't go too far away because they won't be able to tell the direction from which our calls and whistles are coming from?

Tai is so scared of being left behind, he never goes far away, but Hal would range more, being more confident that we wouldn't abandon him. It is a very interesting thought that I had never considered before.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. budskipup

budskipup New Member

Name:
    helen thatcher
    yes the snow was very deep in the fields and even deeper in the woods, a friend said to get a dog whistle and train her to that, but would it be any good in conditions like yesterday? hopefully the snow will be gone by next week and he'll just have to keep her closer to him and keep recalling her for the next few times he's there.
  4. rosegallagher

rosegallagher New Member

Name:
    rose
  5. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
  6. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
  7. Gnasher

Gnasher

Name:
    Nikki

Well linked Werewolf! However, I see that the owners of the lurcher were going to have their destroyed !! WHY !!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: It is totally and utterly 100% THEIR fault ... why kill their dog for goodness sake. He is just following his instinct ffs

This makes my blood boil :evil: :evil:
  8. Gnasher

Gnasher

Name:
    Nikki
    Well said Werewolf. I detest this breedism ... whatever the breed. Tai was badly attacked in the pub by a Golden Retriever a week ago last Sunday. He has a very nasty wound on his muzzle, which will scar permanently. Tai is very popular in our local, and everyone was cooing over him and making a fuss of his poor scarred muzzle. Someone said about how extraordinary that it was a GR, as GR's and labradors are always such nice dogs and never nasty. What nonsense!! ALL dogs, even Holly's little Chihuahua, has the capability of being nasty, regardless of breed. It is true that as a breed, the GR and the labrador have a tendency to be gentle souls, with lovely soft mouths, but as in any breed, you can get a nasty one. German Shepherds have a very strong propensity towards guarding, they have been bred for this very purpose, but that does not mean to say that every GSD is a vicious killer!!

I really do detest this breedism.
  9. Gnasher

Gnasher

Name:
    Nikki
    The story about the farmer who shot the two dogs AND their female owner is unbelievable! It is illegal to go blasting off with a shot gun anywhere near the general public, even if you are protecting your sheep.

This man should be in prison, he is a menace to society. That poor woman ... she made a mistake with her dogs, for sure, but she does not deserve to be shot at. It is unbelievbable that the man got away with it, he should be locked up.
  10. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Indeed, some people think they are above the law and get away with it:!:
  11. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Good post and I hope Tai is ok poor darling, bless him and hugs from me xxxxx
  12. SibeVibe

SibeVibe New Member

Name:
    Seoniad
    Poor lambs :cry:

Was speaking with a new sibe owner yesterday who's boy slipped past them and bolted, headed straight to the fields. Unfortunately the sheep couldn't be saved. The owners were so upset and horrified at having witnessed the 'switch' in their lad. Luckily the farmer was a friend and he took the matter no further. I felt so sorry for the folks, they felt so guilty. Really upsetting :cry:

Hope the guys are good Rose :)

Take good care.

Seoniad.
  13. rosegallagher

rosegallagher New Member

Name:
    rose
    They are all great thanx seoniad, thanx
    xxx
  14. Gnasher

Gnasher

Name:
    Nikki
    He's been milking it for all it's worth!! He stands there with his muzzle held high in the middle of the pub, with a pained expression on his face, lapping up all the softies cooing all over him and making suggestions as to the best creams, potions and lotions to apply!

We have been applying aloe vera gel, but are now just leaving it to nature. It will be fine, but thanks for your kind thoughts!
  15. BrendaMarie

BrendaMarie New Member

Name:
    Brenda
    To be fair this could happen to ANY dog, ANY breed, ANY time, not just Huskies. My Border Collie/Husky mix is amazing off lead, although she always has been she still ran after squirrels, in fact up until last year she didn't give a hoot that I told her to stay or stop or come when there was a squirrel, and she's 5 years old. Now she stops right when I say "JESSIE STOP!" but if I don't yell it she don't listen. My husky is 9 months old and she's at the same exact place that my other dog was at that age (maybe a little behind because I got her a little older) she sticks around until she see's something in the yard across the street, or the neighbors dog, or the infamous squirrels. We keep a long lead on her (about 15 foot) with a golf ball on the end so it's easier to correct her. A dog is a dog, they are all dogs, not different species, bread with dogs to keep cretin characteristics, but they are all individuals. I know labs that can't be let off lead, does that mean that all labs are like that?
  16. mishflynn

mishflynn

Name:
    Mish
    I dont know whats happened to Cardiff, sudenly Tons of Sibes & mals everywhere, & all the ones in the Parks, all off lead
  17. honeysmummy

honeysmummy New Member

Name:
    Cass
    This says it all for me! Agree completly.

Have not read whole thread but I HATE the first post what an awful way to think of trust ;-(

i am not saying that all dogs should be let off lead, I have no experience of huskies...but just hate the way this is written. I have seen this on a greyhound forum and it makes me mad.
  18. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    hi :grin:
    i think its more to the point...... 'dont be lulled into a false sense of security'
    and also.....dont fall into the trap of thinking 'you will be the one to change them'
  19. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Someone I work with has a 10 mth old Husky. He is an entire male. She lets him off lead if there is no one about and says his recall is great. She does not let him off lead if there are people and dogs about as he wants to play with everyone and dog he meets.
  20. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    I agree a tragic accident that could have happened to any owner and there dog of any breed.

If we all lived our lives not doing something because of what 'could' happen what sort life would that be for us, let alone our pets.
  21. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Wise words.