Advert in Local Paper (white boxer question) Questions

Discussion in 'Boxer' started by Nippy, Aug 18, 2009.

1. Nippy

Nippy New Member

Name:
    Jenny

Advert in Local Paper (white boxer question)

Just curious really.
    In todays paper there is an ad for Boxer pups.Brindle and white boys and girls. Champion sire, parents heart tested, mum can be seen, KC registered, insured, wormed and Frontlined. £700
    Also one white boy and girl £350.
    Why would white pups be half the price?
    Is it because white doesn't meet breed standard? Could they have a hearing defect?
    Those were my thoughts but I wanted to hear the views of the experts :grin:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Loki's mum

Loki's mum Member

Name:
    Gill
    I would say because they are not to standard, therefore cannot be shown and should not be bred from. Personally I would expect them to costa little more, if only to put off 'bargain hunters'.
  4. Nippy

Nippy New Member

Name:
    Jenny
    Good point, yes I hadn't thought of future breeding.
  5. Lou

Lou New Member

Name:
    Lou
    Also aren't white pups more prone to being deaf? x
  6. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    My 2 white boxers were half the price of their litter mates ..
    As has been said you cant show whites and they should not be breed from ..
    Although there is a higher incidence of deafness when a Boxer is white (approximately 18% of whites), not all are deaf. Same as any pieballed gened dogs ie bull terriers ... murf
  7. esmed

esmed New Member

Name:
    Esme
    Yep, not deemed as breed standard and basically classed as a defect in the breeding process. There is the idea that they are prone to deafness, illness etc but i don't think this is a common as some make out.

It is a shame that they are not treated in the same light as a "normal" boxer as i'm sure they make equally as lovely pets!

I'm often amazed that it doesn't go the opposite way and people try to sell them for more as a rare breed.
  8. VK's Crystal

VK's Crystal New Member

Name:
    Christina
    When I had a litter of pups from my show dogs, I had 1 that was out of standard. I put limited papers (shouldn't be bred, therefore pups can't be registered from this particular dog, but can be shown) and she was half price, with a "rebate" for the spay cost, if they brought me records that I could confirm with the vet (which they did) She is a happy 4 year old dog with 2 kids now :)

In the US- there are ALOT of people breeding "defects" and "registering" them with CKC- which will register mixes (labradoodles, chiweenies etc..), newest trends I have seen are of course the mongoloid "pitbulls" and the "tuxedo" boxers (black and whites)
  9. Nippy

Nippy New Member

Name:
    Jenny
    That was what I was thinking. Not always, from the following replies.

If I was having a dog from that litter I would seriously consider a white one for looks. I just prefer white to brindle (shallow huh?!)

Aaww good to know she is in a happy home :grin:
  10. VK's Crystal

VK's Crystal New Member

Name:
    Christina
    Yes, I make sure to keep tabs on all dogs/pups related to me in any way. My husband would love if I just sell/adopt them out and let em go...but once here, your family! LOL I have rescues that my dad adopted out about, hmmm, 12-14 years ago, that to this day, I check in every once in a while and make sure they are all happy and healthy...maybe should do a doggie family reunion *starts brainstorming* LOL Sad to find that some are now passing away of old age. Good thing is there has only been 1 accident in all our years, it was a JRT hit by car, died instantly. I will be the once with a HUGE mixed pack at the dog park over the rainbow bridge. You all are welcome ;)
  11. Carole

Carole Global Moderator

Name:
    Carole
    It does happen unfortunately :( I have heard of people breeding whites together for that all white litter which is then sold at an inflated price as rare :(

As well as being sold at half the price of a coloured boxer they were often sold without kc papers which was supposed to stop people breeding and registering the litter as kc registered boxers. I think now a lot of breeders are registering their whites.
  12. esmed

esmed New Member

Name:
    Esme
    Such a shame that people can get away with charging through the roof for something they class as a rare but then i guess more fool the person who pays it.

I once saw a guy with a "black" boxer with a bit of white. He was adamant it was pedigree but i was fairly sure that it's genetically impossible to get a black boxer??
  13. Carole

Carole Global Moderator

Name:
    Carole
    Yes it is genetically impossible to get a black boxer, its either a reverse brindle or it has had another breed added.
  14. esmed

esmed New Member

Name:
    Esme
    It was pure boxer in the face but had more of a lab body, maybe even a collie. Guess that suggests where the black came from. I felt a bit sorry for the guy as he was insistent it was pedigree but i don't see how it could've been - it was literally jet black.
  15. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    yes i feel sorry for him,i know someone who is insistant they own a pedigree lab an 'Irish' one:? he has a white blaze on his chest and looks like a great Dane x lab:shock:
    i have known quite a few white boxers,none have been deaf.:grin:
  16. Moli

Moli New Member

Name:
    pat
    Simply because they are white, cannot be registered,or shown......But are as good as any coloured Boxer...Should not under any circumstances be bred from either...Although I know it is done!!!
  17. Collie Convert

Collie Convert

Name:
    layla
    err white boxers can be registered
  18. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    thats what i thought,just not shown??:?
  19. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    better to be sold cheaper than to be culled at birth..
  20. esmed

esmed New Member

Name:
    Esme
    Very good point.
  21. Collie Convert

Collie Convert

Name:
    layla
    white boxers can definately be registered...the same as white gsds, long coated gsds, rotties, mals etc all of which can be shown but as they are not up to standard would not stand a chance of coming anywhere